Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Urgent question about machine key for webserver in web farm

Urgent question about machine key for webserver in web farm

Leo Muller

I am running webservers in a web farm (multiple servers), and I want to use
the viewstate. I do not want to disable the viewstate encryption check. I
also run multiple sites on the same webservers.

Therefore I want to add a fixed machine key to each site seperately. I know
this can be done on the machine in the general settings, but I want to add
this in each of the web.config files of each site on each server. Will this
work? Or is the only option to add this to the machine.config?

Please only reply if you are sure about the answer.

Thanks,
Leo Muller

Karl Seguin

You should be able to Leo,
check out
http://www.aspnetresources.com/articles/ViewState.aspx

and scroll down to "Protecting View State: Web Farm Scenario" or do a
simple google search on "ASP.Net webfarm viewstate machineKey"

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/