Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Re: PDL Questions - Dec. 21, 2013

Re: PDL Questions - Dec. 21, 2013

Jürgen Exner

Henry Law <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Do you have the faintest clue about what you're talking about?
>
>On 27/12/13 19:13, E.D.G. wrote:
>> That is a current effort that involves attempts to get
>> governments and major NGOs such as the United Nations to each develop
>> its own "Department of Science and Technology"

>Do you really believe that governments (at all levels) don't already
>have an organisation that does that? Just as an example (because I know
>people who work there) go here http://www.governmenttechnology.co.uk/ to
>see what I mean. Or http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/e-gov .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...are_Technology
http://www.bmbf.de/en/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departm...trial_Research
(very incomplete)
and many, many others

>> Part of that effort will be providing governments etc. with
>> recommendations regarding reliable computer programming languages.

Blind man recommending colors?

>> Python and Fortran look dependable and versatile enough to be
>> regarded as reliable.

There's an interesting revelation. "Dependable" + "versatile" equals
"reliable". I am sure you can point to some research papers to support
this conclusion?
And other research papers more recent than three decades old that show
Fortran as versatile?

>You're hopelessly confused about "reliability", "power" and "ease of
>installation".

and about many, many other things.

>> As I said, governments have made a lot of major decisions based
>> on my advice in the past.

Well, that may finally explain why they made so many bad decisions.

jue

Michael Vilain

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
J?rgen Exner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Henry Law <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Do you have the faintest clue about what you're talking about?
> >
> >On 27/12/13 19:13, E.D.G. wrote:
> >> That is a current effort that involves attempts to get
> >> governments and major NGOs such as the United Nations to each develop
> >> its own "Department of Science and Technology"

> >Do you really believe that governments (at all levels) don't already
> >have an organisation that does that? Just as an example (because I know
> >people who work there) go here http://www.governmenttechnology.co.uk/ to
> >see what I mean. Or http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/e-gov .

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...onal_Institute
> _for_Software_Technology
> http://www.bmbf.de/en/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departm...trial_Research
> (very incomplete)
> and many, many others
>
> >> Part of that effort will be providing governments etc. with
> >> recommendations regarding reliable computer programming languages.

> Blind man recommending colors?
>
> >> Python and Fortran look dependable and versatile enough to be
> >> regarded as reliable.

> There's an interesting revelation. "Dependable" + "versatile" equals
> "reliable". I am sure you can point to some research papers to support
> this conclusion?
> And other research papers more recent than three decades old that show
> Fortran as versatile?
>

> >You're hopelessly confused about "reliability", "power" and "ease of
> >installation".

> and about many, many other things.
>
> >> As I said, governments have made a lot of major decisions based
> >> on my advice in the past.

> Well, that may finally explain why they made so many bad decisions.
>
> jue

I've held off recommending this, but I think the OP should try
implementing this on his home systems. If he fails, we know where he
stands. Or in this case, sits.

http://azac.pl/cobol-on-wheelchair/