Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Re: "Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated" means I will need to spend all night to update my program

Re: "Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated" means I will need to spend all night to update my program

Keith Thompson

> http://jidanni.org/astro/programs/jupmoons
> produces "Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated".
>
> Which means I need to delicately adjust various array indexes all over
> my program.
>
> And there is no "p2p" (like "a2p", "s2p") program to do it for me!

You updated the code at the above URL after posting; it no longer
refers to $[.

The updated code is probably better that it was, but it's not useful
to future readers who are curious about the original problem you
were asking about.