Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > multi line text box max length

multi line text box max length

Kieran Breen

Hiya,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to impose a maximum length on a
muti line text box in asp.net. There is a parameter for this but even when
its set it dosent seem to make any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Kieran.

Kevin Spencer

Validation.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

"Kieran Breen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone knows how to impose a maximum length on a
> muti line text box in asp.net. There is a parameter for this but even when
> its set it dosent seem to make any difference.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kieran.

Karl Seguin

Kieran:
This question was just asked....check out
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...th&btnG=Search

The first couple links should be hwat you are looking for. Multiline
doesn't work because the html textarea doesn't support it....

Karl
--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Kieran Breen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone knows how to impose a maximum length on a
> muti line text box in asp.net. There is a parameter for this but even when
> its set it dosent seem to make any difference.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kieran.

=?Utf-8?B?dmluYXk=?=

try this :

txtRemarks.Attributes.Add("onkeypress","return remarksLength()");

function remarksLength()
{
if (document.all('txtRemarks').value.length >= 155)
{
alert('Remarks cant be more than 155 characters');
return false;
}
return true;
}

Vinay

"Kieran Breen" wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone knows how to impose a maximum length on a
> muti line text box in asp.net. There is a parameter for this but even when
> its set it dosent seem to make any difference.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kieran.

nataraj_mca nataraj_mca is offline
Junior Member

Vinay,

It is very simple to validate the the multiline text box,instead of using custom validations.Thanks for your good thought.

Thanks,
Natarajan.M