Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > need some help with this program, I am stumped appreciate any input,thank you

need some help with this program, I am stumped appreciate any input,thank you

Andreas Leitgeb

Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Joerg Meier wrote:
>> Jeff Higgins wrote:
>>> We still haven't found that missing caret.

>> Oh, that makes much more sense. I feel silly now.

> Oh, you aren't the one who should be feeling silly. Why would anyone
> assume the poster posted something other than what they intended to post?

I think, that on his screen, john may have actually *seen* a raised 3
after each of the 3,7,1. He just obviously wasn't aware, that text
formatting wouldn't make it through to many/most of the audience...

Alternatively, he might have typed the text with eyes on the keyboard,
and his keyboard layout may have the caret as a "dead-key". So, while
he might have typed a caret it just didn't show up, because he would
have had to press space-key to make the dead-key effective on its own.

PS: The silliness on my side includes (but isn't limited to) answering
a thread that's probably long since off the track...

oh perlbal you!!! you got what i need....but you dotn work with 5 16 johannes falcone Perl Misc 6 05-16-2013 08:11 PM
need help on this. wee Java 11 05-10-2013 10:52 AM
Help with printing a bit pattern with printf and %x matt.jaffe@gmail.com C Programming 9 04-19-2013 12:14 PM
Can someone explain this? I appreciate some help. Thank You. Shapper ASP .Net 3 06-10-2005 12:51 AM
Thank You CJ, Thank Mike! mytho Computer Support 7 11-23-2003 06:50 AM

Advertisments