Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Tree library - multiple children

Re: Tree library - multiple children

Ricardo ArŠoz

El 12/12/13 16:26, Neil Cerutti escribiů:
> On 2013-12-12, Ricardo ArŠoz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I need to use a tree structure. Is there a good and known library?
>> Doesn't have to be binary tree, I need to have multiple children per node.

> Have you tried nested lists?
>
> [[1, 2], [3, 4]
>
> Can represent
>
> root
> / \
> 1-2 3-4
>
> Python makes it very easy to manipulate such a structure. It
> isn't clear that you need more than that yet.

And what if "2" has a couple of children? And one of those children has
children of it's own?
You see, I will be needing multiple levels and will need to know if a
node is already there at some level, and be able to add a child to that
node on the fly, and to be able to traverse the tree in different ways,
so I would eventually develop a tree library which is what I'm looking for.