Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Experiences/guidance on teaching Python as a first programminglanguage

Re: Experiences/guidance on teaching Python as a first programminglanguage

Steven D'Aprano

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:35:37 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> Hmm, interesting Freudian slip there. I meant “cloud computing”, of
> course. That's where the computer owner pretends their service is always
> available and easy to access, while having terms of service that give
> them unilateral power to kick you off with no warning, no explanation,
> no accountability, and no recourse.

Now Ben, you know that's not true. Everybody has the only recourse that
matters: buy the company and make them do what you want them to do. How
hard could that possibly be?

--
Steven

bob gailer

On 12/11/2013 9:07 PM, Larry Martell wrote:

> Nope. Long before that I was working on computers that didn't boot
> when you powered them up, You had to manually key in a bootstrap
> program from the front panel switches.

PDP8? RIM loader, BIN loader?

Larry Martell

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM, bob gailer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 12/11/2013 9:07 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
>
>> Nope. Long before that I was working on computers that didn't boot when
>> you powered them up, You had to manually key in a bootstrap program from the
>> front panel switches.

> PDP8? RIM loader, BIN loader?

Data General Nova 3