Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .NET Certificatrion?

.NET Certificatrion?

Lars Netzel

Hi!

I wonder what Certificate you can get from Microsoft in Asp:Net or mayeb
it's VB.NET as well... where can I read more about this?

/Lars

Karl Seguin

Lars:
Check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp and
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/findexam.asp
MCP is a sinle exam from the list of available ones.

70-305 is ASP.Net in VB.Net
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-305.asp and 70-315 is in
C#....any one of them will get you an MCP...if you take 3 you'll get an MCAD
(although they have to be the right 3..for example, you can't take 305 and
315 (they only count as 1)) anyways, the webpage has all the details.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Lars Netzel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> I wonder what Certificate you can get from Microsoft in Asp:Net or mayeb
> it's VB.NET as well... where can I read more about this?
>
> /Lars

Eliyahu Goldin

There is a number of newsgroups for that:

microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd
microsoft.public.certification

When I did my own research on that, I came to conclusion that certification
sometimes can help you in getting a job and impressing non-technical folks,
but it is hardly worth anything as long as your real experience is
concerned.

Eliyahu

"Lars Netzel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> I wonder what Certificate you can get from Microsoft in Asp:Net or mayeb
> it's VB.NET as well... where can I read more about this?
>
> /Lars

Mark Rae

news:Oy%(E-Mail Removed)...

> When I did my own research on that, I came to conclusion that
> certification
> sometimes can help you in getting a job and impressing non-technical
> folks,
> but it is hardly worth anything as long as your real experience is
> concerned.

Agree 100%. I make it a general rule never to contract for any company who
requires Microsoft certification...

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

>> I make it a general rule never to contract for any company who requires
>> Microsoft certification...

They wouldn't hire you anyway because you don't have a certification!

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Kevin Spencer

> They wouldn't hire you anyway because you don't have a certification!

Me neither. But I have been told that I'm certifiable. Does that count?

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.