Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > [Michael Kay] [xsl] XSLT 3.0 Last Call Working Draft

[Michael Kay] [xsl] XSLT 3.0 Last Call Working Draft

Ivan Shmakov

It’s rather quiet here these days, so I’ve decided to forward
the following news, posted today to xsl-list@, to the group.

(And I’m still curious if there’re any free software non-Java
XSLT*3.0 implementations expected to appear anytime soon?)

--
FSF associate member #7257

Martin Honnen

Ivan Shmakov wrote:
> It’s rather quiet here these days, so I’ve decided to forward
> the following news, posted today to xsl-list@, to the group.
>
> (And I’m still curious if there’re any free software non-Java
> XSLT 3.0 implementations expected to appear anytime soon?)

There is an announcement of another .NET implementation
http://exselt.net/. However, it is not free software I think, if that
what's mainly interests you.

And I signed up there as a beta tester and never received any answer.
Furthermore the release schedule says "November 2013 - general
availability release", we are obviously past that date without any
change to the website. So it remains to be seen whether that project
will result in a release.

Ivan Shmakov

>> It’s rather quiet here these days, so I’ve decided to forward the
>> following news, posted today to xsl-list@, to the group.

>> (And I’m still curious if there’re any free software non-Java XSLT
>> 3.0 implementations expected to appear anytime soon?)

> There is an announcement of another .NET implementation
> http://exselt.net/. However, it is not free software I think, if
> that what’s mainly interests you.

Yes. And, well, I should’ve stated it clearer: I’m interested
in implementations with C or (perhaps) C++ bindings.

There seem to be a few free software XSLT 2.0 implementations in
Java, but my guess would be that tying that Java code into Perl
or Prolog would be a painful excercise.

(That being said, a decent Prolog implementation may obviate the
very need in XSLT. At the expense, perhaps, of lesser code
“readability” to the “general audience.”)

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257

[Announce] Dr. Michael Kay Shows the Way to Schema-Aware Queries and Stylesheets Stylus Studio XML 0 12-15-2005 08:26 PM
Kay Lawrence obit Myron Lewis Computer Support 2 03-12-2005 07:55 PM
A great Alan Kay quote Grant Edwards Python 38 02-17-2005 05:21 AM
Kay, I'm stumped JaR MCSE 15 02-02-2004 07:47 PM
Flash is good, m'kay? Pea-nutz HTML 11 11-05-2003 10:59 AM

Advertisments