Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How can I delete " Search Conduit. Com"

How can I delete " Search Conduit. Com"

Andy Petro

Every time I want to go to my Home Page I get "HTTp.search conduit . com "
which gives me a home page that I did not ask for. It is a virus . How can
I delete it>

Paul

Andy Petro wrote:
> Every time I want to go to my Home Page I get "HTTp.search conduit . com "
> which gives me a home page that I did not ask for. It is a virus . How can
> I delete it>

The post at the bottom here, mentions Conduit.

http://www.technibble.com/adwcleaner...olbar-removal/

The recipe here, seems a little on the overkill side.
Almost like using a collection of different sized
baseball bats, to finish off an opponent.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/conduit-search-removal/

I would think steps 1,2,3 would be good. I'm not
sure step 4 is all that interested in Conduit. I
didn't think Malwarebytes went after PUPs.
Step 5 is about as good as Step 3. Hitmanpro sends
your files to the cloud for testing.

There should be plenty of references to Conduit
removal out there, and that's just a sampling of
two of them.

What I don't know, is what Conduit comes in with, when
it attacks. Is it accompanied by other malware ?
A PUP pretends to be legit, so coming in on a
shower of malware wouldn't make sense for one of those.
In other words, the staff at Conduit, think they're
performing a service for you (/sarcasm).

Paul

bugs.sun.com Roedy Green Java 11 08-06-2013 05:02 AM
How to get JSON values and how to trace sessions?? webmaster@terradon.nl Python 2 04-25-2013 02:12 PM
Free webinars on April 12th from JPassion.com: "Grails Domain classRelationships" & "HTML5 Media (audio/video)" Sang Shin Java 0 04-11-2013 09:52 PM
Palm Conduit for TB? Dan Hunting Firefox 0 12-30-2004 04:19 PM
Conduit in PIX without corresponding Static Atif Sajid Cisco 3 01-24-2004 07:25 PM

Advertisments