Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > anything like cassandra or riak in perl?

anything like cassandra or riak in perl?

johannes falcone

whats perls answer to mongodb?

Michael Vilain

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
johannes falcone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> whats perls answer to mongodb?

That's not a function of perl itself. It's a function of the DBI and
Mongodb driver.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/MongoDB/

How to install it:

http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/drivers/perl/

johannes falcone

yuk
don't want mongo

Is there anything like www.prevayler.org or zodb in perl?

or anything like riak or cassandra but native perl?

would openMPI and perl work together to make a fast perl e commerce system?

Charlton Wilbur

jf> Is there anything like www.prevayler.org or zodb in perl?

Don't you ever get tired of astroturfing for prevayler?

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur

johannes falcone

whats astroturfing?

a good idea is a good idea eh?

Huge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

--
Today is Boomtime, the 55th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3179
Human being; a spacesuit for a fish

Charlton Wilbur

j> a good idea is a good idea eh?

Indeed, and tautologically so.

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur
(E-Mail Removed)

johannes falcone

On Friday, December 13, 2013 10:30:55 AM UTC-8, Charlton Wilbur wrote:

> j> a good idea is a good idea eh?
>

> Indeed, and tautologically so.
>

> Charlton
>

> --
>
> Charlton Wilbur
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

prevayler seems where the computing industry must go sooner or later

Charlton Wilbur

troll> prevayler seems where the computing industry must go sooner
troll> or later

It's a solution to a common and recurrent problem, yes; but a solution
designed so that the lowest common denominator of code monkeys using
Java can't break it. Certainly parts of the computing industry are
there, and always have been, but Baby's First Database Interface With No
Sharp Edges is not something to aspire to.

Even within the Java realm, for instance, Hibernate is a superior
solution to the same problem.

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur