Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A lot of 2nd and 3rd emails have just arrived.

Reply
Thread Tools

A lot of 2nd and 3rd emails have just arrived.

 
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2013
A huge lot of 2nd and 3rd emails have just arrived. Thanks to all, but it
looks as though it is just a long private argument among our computer
experts. I don't understand it so won't take sides. I suppose they were held
up and have just been put into the system.

As far as I can tell, my computer and the emails are now working as well as
ever.
Facebook still jumps around on the page, but it seems to happen when Slate
gets into a thread. I suppose something is incompatible.
Not to worry, I can still read it in small chunks.

As for American spelling, if they want to change some words good luck to
them. A last protest against King George?

Anything I send them mentioning "bush" (the vegetation) they change to
"brush" when it appears in print. And they change my spelling.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" ?

Geopelia


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Your Name
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2013
In article <l7k55h$1mf$(E-Mail Removed)>, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 3/12/2013 5:11 p.m., geopelia wrote:
>
> > Anything I send them mentioning "bush" (the vegetation) they change to
> > "brush" when it appears in print. And they change my spelling.
> > "A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" ?

>
> I blame Basil.
>
> Boom boom!


Basil Bush.

(For the humourless: the "r" is missing on purpose.)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2013

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Your Name wrote:
>> In article <l7k55h$1mf$(E-Mail Removed)>, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/12/2013 5:11 p.m., geopelia wrote:
>>>
>>>> Anything I send them mentioning "bush" (the vegetation) they change
>>>> to "brush" when it appears in print. And they change my spelling.
>>>> "A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" ?
>>>
>>> I blame Basil.
>>>
>>> Boom boom!

>>
>> Basil Bush.
>>
>> (For the humourless: the "r" is missing on purpose.)

>
> The words 'Bird 'Hand' and 'Bush' give to me a totally different
> connotation. But that's just me.....
>
>
> geoff
>


Very funny!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Your Name
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2013
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, geoff
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Your Name wrote:
> > In article <l7k55h$1mf$(E-Mail Removed)>, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On 3/12/2013 5:11 p.m., geopelia wrote:
> >>
> >>> Anything I send them mentioning "bush" (the vegetation) they change
> >>> to "brush" when it appears in print. And they change my spelling.
> >>> "A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" ?
> >>
> >> I blame Basil.
> >>
> >> Boom boom!

> >
> > Basil Bush.
> >
> > (For the humourless: the "r" is missing on purpose.)

>
> The words 'Bird 'Hand' and 'Bush' give to me a totally different
> connotation. But that's just me.....


Bird -> Big Buird -> Sesame Street -> kids

Hand -> High Five -> The Wiggles -> kids

Bush -> US President -> low IQ -> kids


 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2013

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> geopelia wrote:
>> "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>> Your Name wrote:
>>>> In article <l7k55h$1mf$(E-Mail Removed)>, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> On 3/12/2013 5:11 p.m., geopelia wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Anything I send them mentioning "bush" (the vegetation) they
>>>>>> change to "brush" when it appears in print. And they change my
>>>>>> spelling. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" ?
>>>>>
>>>>> I blame Basil.
>>>>>
>>>>> Boom boom!
>>>>
>>>> Basil Bush.
>>>>
>>>> (For the humourless: the "r" is missing on purpose.)
>>>
>>> The words 'Bird 'Hand' and 'Bush' give to me a totally different
>>> connotation. But that's just me.....
>>>
>>>
>>> geoff
>>>

>>
>> Very funny!

>
> Phew, was hoping I wouldn't offend you
>
> geoff


"To the pure all things are pure".

But I never saw the funny side of that old proverb before.
Thanks for the laugh!

Geopelia


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: SuSE will have arrived the day someone starts emulating it. Ezra Tasmann Computer Support 6 02-19-2005 08:53 PM
Re: SuSE will have arrived the day someone starts emulating it. Ezra Tasmann Computer Information 7 02-19-2005 08:53 PM
DIABOLIK DVD: Just Arrived Import/Rare Discs! Joseph A. Gervasi \(Diabolik DVD/Exhumed Films\) DVD Video 0 10-25-2004 02:51 PM
Re: DUEL -----Just Arrived!!!!!!! Smaug69 DVD Video 1 08-08-2003 12:41 AM
Re: DUEL -----Just Arrived!!!!!!! Brian DVD Video 1 08-07-2003 06:53 PM



Advertisments