Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > BitFenix Prodigy M mATX Case

BitFenix Prodigy M mATX Case

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Benchmark Reviews have taken a look at the BitFenix Prodigy M mATX Case:

Quote:
"In 2012, BitFenix unleashed their Prodigy upon the world. An unusual case at the time, I believe it single-handedly jumpstarted the high-performance ITX category. In my opinion it was part of the reason we now see motherboards such as Asus’ P8Z77-I / Z87I Deluxe and Maximus VI Impact. Previously constrained by small cases and under-powered chipsets, the Prodigy allowed enough room for watercooling and an unprecedented amount of airflow for an ITX enclosure. However, again in my opinion, it was just too big. ITX is about cramming as much performance into as little space as possible, and the Prodigy was large enough to fit a micro ATX motherboard….

After seeing numerous modders do just that (and the customer feedback that was clamoring for such a case), BitFenix has responded with the Prodigy M. Using the frame of the original Prodigy, they reworked the internals to accommodate a micro ATX motherboard and all of the enthusiast configurations that go along with it. Even with its proven performance in ITX trim, can the Prodigy chassis keep up with mATX components? BitFenix sent their Midnight Black Prodigy M, model number BFC-PRM-300-KKXSK-RP to Benchmark Reviews so we could have a look."

Read more about it at Benchmark Reviews