Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Deploy without Frontpage extesion?

Deploy without Frontpage extesion?

SK

Hello,

how can I deploy my asp.net project created with VS.NET
to the server without having frontpage extension installed
there?

Thanks

Andy Sutorius

Use FTP. Transfer .aspx & .ascx files and the .dll from the bin folder to a
similar folder structure on your remote server

Andy

"SK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:260101c512db$2d4a29a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> how can I deploy my asp.net project created with VS.NET
> to the server without having frontpage extension installed
> there?
>
> Thanks

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can deploy it any way you want. FTP would be the most common
alternative.
But the only automatic ways from within Visual Studio.NET 1.x require front
page extensions, so it sounds like you'll be deploying your files manually.
BTW, Visual Studio 2005 (to be released later this year) will support other
automatic deployment options that don't require frontpage extensions (such
as FTP).

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"SK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:260101c512db$2d4a29a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> how can I deploy my asp.net project created with VS.NET
> to the server without having frontpage extension installed
> there?
>
> Thanks

Iain Norman

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:38:49 -0800, "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You can deploy it any way you want. FTP would be the most common
>alternative.
>But the only automatic ways from within Visual Studio.NET 1.x require front
>page extensions, so it sounds like you'll be deploying your files manually.
>BTW, Visual Studio 2005 (to be released later this year) will support other
>automatic deployment options that don't require frontpage extensions (such
>as FTP).

About time too

Iain Norman | http://www.eliteforum.org