Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > help on finding the container ...

help on finding the container ...

Knut Krueger

Hi to all
there is a gap between superfish li and li li menu items (see item links)
As I can see the gap is because #navigation is too big ( I know there is
a lot of clean-up to do) but I do not find the container to reduce it.

http://d7356.pferdetage-baden-wuerttemberg.de

Kind regards Knut

richard

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:36:47 +0100, Knut Krueger wrote:

> Hi to all
> there is a gap between superfish li and li li menu items (see item links)
> As I can see the gap is because #navigation is too big ( I know there is
> a lot of clean-up to do) but I do not find the container to reduce it.
>
> http://d7356.pferdetage-baden-wuerttemberg.de
>
> Kind regards Knut

I believe that is from the nature of <ul>.
In your css, play around with margin and padding.

ul {margin:0 padding:0}

if you don't want the little dots use list-style-type:none;

then for the text indenting you could use padding-left:30px;

Christoph Michael Becker

Knut Krueger wrote:

> there is a gap between superfish li and li li menu items (see item links)
> As I can see the gap is because #navigation is too big ( I know there is
> a lot of clean-up to do) but I do not find the container to reduce it.
>
> http://d7356.pferdetage-baden-wuerttemberg.de

You'll find the problem in one of the dynamically served CSS
resources[1] in line 426ff:

#superfish .menu li:hover ul,
#superfish .menu li.sfHover ul {
left:0;
top:32px;
z-index:99;
}

The value of the top property is too large[2] (17px seem to work fine).
How to fix it? -- I don't know Drupal.

[1]
<http://d7356.pferdetage-baden-wuerttemberg.de/sites/all/themes/cti_flex/css/custom.css?mwilpm>
[2] <http://devtoolsecrets.com/>

--
Christoph M. Becker

Knut Krueger

Am 20.11.2013 14:00, schrieb richard:
Thank you for your answer

> if you don't want the little dots use list-style-type:none;

I tried it with list-style-type: none; but list-style: none; is working

Do you know where the small grey line left and right from

Anmeldung
Programm
oft gestellte Fragen

comes from?

se

"Knut Krueger" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelelsen
news:l6iu2v$85k$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Am 20.11.2013 14:00, schrieb richard:
> Thank you for your answer
>
>> if you don't want the little dots use list-style-type:none;

> I tried it with list-style-type: none; but list-style: none; is working
>
> Do you know where the small grey line left and right from
>

> Anmeldung
> Programm
> oft gestellte Fragen
>
> comes from?

<ul class="menu">
</ul>

In the above copied from your page, try put in: border-style: none;
in all the classes in it. Don't expect someone to look up all those
classes among a dozen css-files found on your page. Your class="menu"
containes a border: none;. This is not valid css.

richard

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:12:45 +0100, Knut Krueger wrote:

> Am 20.11.2013 14:00, schrieb richard:
> Thank you for your answer
>
>> if you don't want the little dots use list-style-type:none;

> I tried it with list-style-type: none; but list-style: none; is working
>
> Do you know where the small grey line left and right from
>

> Anmeldung
> Programm
> oft gestellte Fragen
>
> comes from?

look for a horizontal rule styled at 1 pixel wide.
that's what it appears to be.

Christoph Michael Becker

Knut Krueger wrote:

> Do you know where the small grey line left and right from
>

> Anmeldung
> Programm
> oft gestellte Fragen
>
> comes from?

<http://d7356.pferdetage-baden-wuerttemberg.de/sites/all/themes/cti_flex/css/color-schemes.css?mwilpm>,
line 864.

--
Christoph M. Becker

Knut Krueger

Am 20.11.2013 22:31, schrieb Christoph Michael Becker:
> Knut Krueger wrote:
>
>> Do you know where the small grey line left and right from
>>

>> Anmeldung
>> Programm
>> oft gestellte Fragen
>>
>> comes from?

> <http://d7356.pferdetage-baden-wuerttemberg.de/sites/all/themes/cti_flex/css/color-schemes.css?mwilpm>,
> line 864.

yes that points to the right place but i do want to delete it only on

#block-menu-menu-benutzernavigation

An I do not understand some things
The line is there without

#block-menu-menu-benutzernavigation.block {
border: ???px ;
}

and without

border: ??px ;

inside the block

id does not depend whatever I user for xxpx;

Knut

Knut Krueger

Am 20.11.2013 14:13, schrieb Christoph Michael Becker:
> The value of the top property is too large[2] (17px seem to work fine).
> How to fix it? -- I don't know Drupal.

fye

every theme has a your-theme.info file in the "root" of the style directory
.../drupal-root/sites/all/themes/your-theme/

there is a list to add stylesheets
stylesheets[all][] = css/html-reset.css
stylesheets[all][] = css/cti-flex-style.css
stylesheets[all][] = css/wireframes.css
stylesheets[all][] = css/layout.css
stylesheets[all][] = css/color-schemes.css
stylesheets[all][] = css/local.css
stylesheets[all][] = css/custom.css
stylesheets[print][] = css/print.css

the best way is normally to add a custom.css (need not to be named
custom.css) at the end of the style sheets
and overwrite the style definitions.

Knut

Christoph Michael Becker

Knut Krueger wrote:

> Am 20.11.2013 14:13, schrieb Christoph Michael Becker:
>> The value of the top property is too large[2] (17px seem to work fine).
>> How to fix it? -- I don't know Drupal.

> fye
>
> every theme has a your-theme.info file in the "root" of the style directory
> ../drupal-root/sites/all/themes/your-theme/
>
> there is a list to add stylesheets
> stylesheets[all][] = css/html-reset.css
> stylesheets[all][] = css/cti-flex-style.css
> stylesheets[all][] = css/wireframes.css
> stylesheets[all][] = css/layout.css
> stylesheets[all][] = css/color-schemes.css
> stylesheets[all][] = css/local.css
> stylesheets[all][] = css/custom.css
> stylesheets[print][] = css/print.css
>
> the best way is normally to add a custom.css (need not to be named
> custom.css) at the end of the style sheets
> and overwrite the style definitions.

Thanks.

--
Christoph M. Becker