Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird: edit email html?

Thunderbird: edit email html?

AngleWyrm

Is it possible to directly edit email html? I do a lot of it in most of my
emails in outlook express. Adding a magnet or ed2k link, formatting a table, or
even just to add a quick <br clear=all> around a picture.

Also, I use "block sender" button a lot in newsgroups to filter news spam.
Thunderbird's "Junk" button doesn't seem to work in newsgroups; is there a way
to turn it on, or another way to eliminate "Make Money Now" and "Date Me" posts?

Moz Champion

AngleWyrm wrote:

> Is it possible to directly edit email html? I do a lot of it in most of my
> emails in outlook express. Adding a magnet or ed2k link, formatting a table, or
> even just to add a quick <br clear=all> around a picture.
>
> Also, I use "block sender" button a lot in newsgroups to filter news spam.
> Thunderbird's "Junk" button doesn't seem to work in newsgroups; is there a way
> to turn it on, or another way to eliminate "Make Money Now" and "Date Me" posts?

You compose in html mode.

Edit-->Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings--><account name>-->Composition
& Addressing

Junk MAIL Controls dont work in newsgroups, because newsgroups are not
mail, they are an entirely different system (NNTP versus SMTP) in fact.
I am not aware of a 'spam' filter that is effective when dealing with
newsgroups.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

AngleWyrm

"Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qjShd.827323$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Is it possible to directly edit email html? I do a lot of it in most of my
> > emails in outlook express. Adding a magnet or ed2k link, formatting a table,

or
> > even just to add a quick <br clear=all> around a picture.
> >
> > Also, I use "block sender" button a lot in newsgroups to filter news spam.
> > Thunderbird's "Junk" button doesn't seem to work in newsgroups; is there a

way
> > to turn it on, or another way to eliminate "Make Money Now" and "Date Me"

posts?

> You compose in html mode.
> Edit-->Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings--><account name>-->Composition
> & Addressing

I can't tell if you mean to ignore the question, sidestepping the issue, or if I
wasn't clear. So I'll presume that it was the second situation:
I wish to edit the html tags within my email.

> Junk MAIL Controls dont work in newsgroups, because newsgroups are not
> mail, they are an entirely different system (NNTP versus SMTP) in fact.
> I am not aware of a 'spam' filter that is effective when dealing with
> newsgroups.

Here, let me make you aware of a 'spam' filter that is effective when dealing
with newsgroups: Outlook Express has something called "Block Sender". It's been
around for a long time, and it filters out unwanted 'spam' at the user's
command.

When Thunderbird gets these features, I'll come back and give it another look.

Julian Knight

From AngleWyrm on 03/Nov/2004 09:18:

> I can't tell if you mean to ignore the question, sidestepping the issue, or if I
> wasn't clear. So I'll presume that it was the second situation:
> I wish to edit the html tags within my email.

I think that you mean the ability to edit an email that someone else has sent you.

I would also like this capability for adding notes & amending the Subject to
make it easier to find/organise.

--
Julian Knight, http://www.knightnet.org.uk/
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Moz Champion

AngleWyrm wrote:

> "Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qjShd.827323$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>>Is it possible to directly edit email html? I do a lot of it in most of my
>>>emails in outlook express. Adding a magnet or ed2k link, formatting a table,

> or
>
>>>even just to add a quick <br clear=all> around a picture.
>>>
>>>Also, I use "block sender" button a lot in newsgroups to filter news spam.
>>>Thunderbird's "Junk" button doesn't seem to work in newsgroups; is there a

> way
>
>>>to turn it on, or another way to eliminate "Make Money Now" and "Date Me"

> posts?
>
>>You compose in html mode.
>>Edit-->Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings--><account name>-->Composition
>>& Addressing

> I can't tell if you mean to ignore the question, sidestepping the issue, or if I
> wasn't clear. So I'll presume that it was the second situation:
> I wish to edit the html tags within my email.
>

>>Junk MAIL Controls dont work in newsgroups, because newsgroups are not
>>mail, they are an entirely different system (NNTP versus SMTP) in fact.
>>I am not aware of a 'spam' filter that is effective when dealing with
>>newsgroups.

> Here, let me make you aware of a 'spam' filter that is effective when dealing
> with newsgroups: Outlook Express has something called "Block Sender". It's been
> around for a long time, and it filters out unwanted 'spam' at the user's
> command.
>
> When Thunderbird gets these features, I'll come back and give it another look.

And Thunderbird has the create filter from message, which is quite the same!

What are you waiting for now?

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org