Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco EA6500 Router question

Cisco EA6500 Router question

Annie Woughman

I've searched the Linksys site and tried using a Google search, but haven't
been able to find anything to answer my question. I set up my dual band
router with the 2.4 Ghz band named HuzzaHutch (phony name). Up until a few
days ago the guest network was named HuzzaHutch-Guest and was using the
password I gave it. Then I noticed that the name of the guest network had
changed to Cisco12345-guest with the password BeMyGuest. Does this mean
than someone has been able to hack my network and change this? I was able
to change the password but not the name of the guest network. The only
information I could find stated that the guest network would have the same
name as the 2.4 Ghz band with guest added to it which is no longer the case.
I turned the guest network off, but now I have concerns about the security
of my network. Can someone a little smarter about these things give me an
idea of what might have happened?

janab

replying to Annie Woughman , janab wrote:
> anniewoughman wrote:
>
> I've searched the Linksys site and tried using a Google search, but
> haven't been able to find anything to answer my question. I set up my
> router with the name HuzzaHutch (phony name). Up until a
> few days ago the guest network was named HuzzaHutch-Guest and was using the >
> password I gave it. Then I noticed that the name of the guest network
> had changed to Cisco12345-guest with the password BeMyGuest. Does this mean

> than someone has been able to hack my network and change this? I was
> able to change the password but not the name of the guest network. The only
> information I could find stated that the guest network would have the
> same name as the 2.4 Ghz band with guest added to it which is no longer the
> case. I turned the guest network off, but now I have concerns about the
> security of my network. Can someone give me an
> idea of what might have happened?

I have the exact same situation, did the same search wo result -- did you find
an answer? --janab

using Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
comp.dcom.sys.cisco and other telecom groups