Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to keep focus on control after raising and event ASP.NET

How to keep focus on control after raising and event ASP.NET

okaminer

Hi
My web page is bigger then the screen, this causes the following
problem: every time I raise a change event in DropDownList my page is
going back to the TOP which annoy my users.
If any of you know how to keep the page in its current passions I'll be
very grateful
Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SXJmYW4gQWtyYW0=?=

Hi,

You can use this piece of code in the Page_Load function and see what happens.

this.SmartNavigation = true;

All the best,

I.A

"okaminer" wrote:

> Hi
> My web page is bigger then the screen, this causes the following
> problem: every time I raise a change event in DropDownList my page is
> going back to the TOP which annoy my users.
> If any of you know how to keep the page in its current passions I'll be
> very grateful
> Thanks

Riki

okaminer wrote:
> Hi
> My web page is bigger then the screen, this causes the following
> problem: every time I raise a change event in DropDownList my page is
> going back to the TOP which annoy my users.
> If any of you know how to keep the page in its current passions I'll
> be very grateful
> Thanks

For Internet Explorer, just set SmartNavigation="True" in the Page directive
(on top of your page).

For other browsers, here's an alternative:
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/lili.asp

--

Riki

=?Utf-8?B?VmlzaG51LUNoaXZ1a3VsYQ==?=

Hi okaminer,

When a page is requested by an Internet Explorer 5.5 browser, or later,
smart navigation enhances the user's experience of the page

Set SmartNavigation=True in the page directive of your .aspx

This will solve your problem...
But make sure that the browser is IE 5.5 and above..

Need any help, do post a msg back..

Happy Coding
"okaminer" wrote:

> Hi
> My web page is bigger then the screen, this causes the following
> problem: every time I raise a change event in DropDownList my page is
> going back to the TOP which annoy my users.
> If any of you know how to keep the page in its current passions I'll be
> very grateful
> Thanks

okaminer

Thanks for all the replys this works great

Sorry that I didn't write sooner but I wasn't near a computer