Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > <asp:checkboxlist>

<asp:checkboxlist>

Simon Cheng

Hi,

For the following form:

<form runat="server">
<asp:checkboxlist id="list" runat="server">
<asp:listitem runat="server" value="Cash" />
<asp:listitem runat="server" value="Check" />
</asp:checkboxlist><br/>
</form>

I get the the attached error message. The same form works with
"asp:radiolist." What am I missing? (This is on W2K3.)

Thanks,
Simon
Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less
than zero. Parameter name: length

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length]
System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) +172

System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList.System.Web. UI.IPostBackDataHandler.Lo
adPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +34
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollec tion postData, Boolean
fBeforeLoad) +397

Eliyahu Goldin

Try

<asp:checkboxlist id="list" runat="server">
<asp:listitem>Cash</asp:listitem>
<asp:listitem>Check</asp:listitem>
</asp:checkboxlist>

Eliyahu

"Simon Cheng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> For the following form:
>
> <form runat="server">
> <asp:checkboxlist id="list" runat="server">
> <asp:listitem runat="server" value="Cash" />
> <asp:listitem runat="server" value="Check" />
> </asp:checkboxlist><br/>
> </form>
>
> I get the the attached error message. The same form works with
> "asp:radiolist." What am I missing? (This is on W2K3.)
>
> Thanks,
> Simon
> Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length
>
> Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be

less
> than zero. Parameter name: length
>
> Source Error:

> current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
>
> Stack Trace:
>
> [ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
> Parameter name: length]
> System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) +172

System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList.System.Web. UI.IPostBackDataHandler.Lo
> adPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +34
> System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollec tion postData,

Boolean
> fBeforeLoad) +397

Simon Cheng

I re-try it today, and now the following works fine for me:

<form runat="server">
<asp:checkboxlist id="list" runat="server">
<asp:listitem runat="server" value="Cash1" />
<asp:listitem runat="server" value="Check1" />
</asp:checkboxlist><br/>
</form>

I have no clue...
Simon