Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <small> tags in html5

<small> tags in html5

Jukka K. Korpela

2013-12-05 19:35, Tim W wrote:

> I am thinking that I might be careful not to put anything in <small>
> that I want google to pick up and give weight to. The implication being
> that <small> is detail you may not want to even read.

That's interesting speculation, on the basis of the classic HTML
definition for <small>, and possibly also for the proposed HTML5 excuse
for a surrogate for a quasi-definition. But I have not seen anything
resembling factual evidence (e.g., a statement from Google, or a report
of an experiment) about it. Have you?

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Tim W

On 06/12/2013 12:26, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> 2013-12-05 19:35, Tim W wrote:
>
>> I am thinking that I might be careful not to put anything in <small>
>> that I want google to pick up and give weight to. The implication being
>> that <small> is detail you may not want to even read.

> That's interesting speculation, on the basis of the classic HTML
> definition for <small>, and possibly also for the proposed HTML5 excuse
> for a surrogate for a quasi-definition. But I have not seen anything
> resembling factual evidence (e.g., a statement from Google, or a report
> of an experiment) about it. Have you?

No, I have not. Just speculating and thinking I might bear it in mind.

Tim W

Thought on HTML5 vs Flash Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 3 03-21-2010 02:35 PM
HTML5 and HTTP pranay HTML 2 10-19-2009 10:16 AM
HTML5 Ganesh HTML 70 09-23-2009 05:19 PM
HTML5 vs. XHTML n0ctis HTML 4 08-18-2008 03:11 PM
html5 vs xhtml2 Robert Jones HTML 16 12-14-2007 11:34 PM

Advertisments