Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > DIY High Altitude Balloon Project

DIY High Altitude Balloon Project

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

PC Review have done their own High Altitude Balloon Project - here's a snippet from their report:

Quote:
"The aim of this first launch was to test a low-cost design, using only off-the-shelf components, from which we could obtain HD video of near-space. Our overall budget was just over 300, which included some re-usable items such as a video camera and phone. Our equipment broadly consisted of a latex high altitude weather balloon, parachute and a payload containing a small camera, smart phone and a chemical hand warmer to keep the electronics working at low operating temperatures. Its probably as simple as a payload could be but if everything went to plan then we would be able to achieve some fantastic footage. Were also sending two Lego astronauts along for the ride!"

You can read more and watch the videos of space here.