Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Commercially-Prepared Movie DVD: Format Acronym?

Commercially-Prepared Movie DVD: Format Acronym?

(PeteCresswell)

My TSSTcorp SH-223Q's user guide says it reads the following formats:
DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RW (Dual), DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVDROM,
DVD-Video, DVD+R(DUAL) , DVD-R(DUAL), DVD-RAM

Then it presents a table of read and write speeds for various formats.

If I want to evaluate it's speed for ripping a commercially-prepared
movie DVD, which format is relevant?
--
Pete Cresswell

Mike S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(PeteCresswell) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>My TSSTcorp SH-223Q's user guide says it reads the following formats:
>DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RW (Dual), DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVDROM,
>DVD-Video, DVD+R(DUAL) , DVD-R(DUAL), DVD-RAM
>
>Then it presents a table of read and write speeds for various formats.
>
>If I want to evaluate it's speed for ripping a commercially-prepared
>movie DVD, which format is relevant?

DVD-Video?