Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > FreePBX + SPA 3102 Problems

Reply
Thread Tools

FreePBX + SPA 3102 Problems

 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2013


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4rh0l$fe4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> "Dave" wrote in message news:l4rdn4$qge$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
>
> "Graham." wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
>>
>>I have made most of the changes you've suggested. File locations would be
>>helpful, I've found the recording but would be nice as you say for some
>>'housekeeping', clear CDR records etc I have a 8GB card and it's saying
>>48%
>>full.
>>
>>The biggest problem I have is no caller ID on the phone, it shows ok in
>>the
>>CDR records but not the phone. I've tried loads of different
>>configurations
>>still no go. The phone is a French dect phone but it has worked fine with
>>BT
>>for many years (I assume the CID firmware would detect / work everywhere)
>>
>>Everything else seems to work thus far. One thing I did notice is my
>>fathers
>>CID displays in the CDR as 01234-567 8901 (number changed!) with the
>>hyphen and space ? this makes it difficult to put into an inbound route ?.
>>BT's 17070 ringback number shows the normal 080012345678 with no spaces or
>>hyphen.
>>
>>Dave.

>
>
> Incidentally the cards I am using are only 4GB and cost 2.73 from
> Ebay.
> They are fast cards, in fact they are not SDHC as recommended, just SD
> but they perform very well in this application.
>
> According to the notes I made you can clear all the CDR data by SSH
> into the root prompt, then:
> mysql -p
> Enter root password again (raspberry)
> use asteriskcdrdb
> DELETE FROM cdr
> exit
>
>
> Not tried it, source:
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...s.cfm?t=698136
>
> If you want to remove call recordings, I find it convenient to remove
> entire directories, as the structure is year/month/day
>
> So, for example, if you wanted to remove all today's recordings you
> could issue:
>
> rm -r /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2013/10/28
>
> Likewise you could delete an entire month, or even year. The directory
> structure appears to be self-healing when next written to.
>
> As I mentioned you can only upload relatively short audio clips for
> announcements and MOH until you change some defaults.
>
>
> nano /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
>
> It's a big file, use the search facility in nano to find & change:
>
> upload_max_filesize = 20M (was 2M)
> and also
>
> post_max_size = 20M (was 8M)
> After this you need to restart Apache:
>
> service apache2 restart
>
> source: http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/ca...sm3g-networks/
>
>
>
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%
>
> All worked ok CDR erased etc. Any ideas how to swap around CallerID name
> and
> number ?. I've got callerID working (with date & time!) BUT the trunk
> name
> is displayed first. On a single line display this is not very useful, It's
> being sent but I can only see it after the call (pressing ID and then OK
> on
> the phone twice). I set Bellcore under the regional tab incidentally, the
> phone blankly refuses to work on the UK setting.
>
> Dave.
>
>
>
> At Last ! - just got callerID to work with the UK setting phew,, I lowered
> the ring voltage from 85 to 70 and it worked - yeah.
>
> I still have the problem of displaying trunk name first though :-/
>
>


Fixed this issue - easy really, on the 3102 under the PSTN Line tab, remove
the display name (clear it) under Subscriber Information, callerID now shows
properly as apposed to showing the trunk display name.

Dave.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2013


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l52t79$8aq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4rh0l$fe4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>
>> "Dave" wrote in message news:l4rdn4$qge$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>
>>
>> "Graham." wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>
>>>
>>>I have made most of the changes you've suggested. File locations would be
>>>helpful, I've found the recording but would be nice as you say for some
>>>'housekeeping', clear CDR records etc I have a 8GB card and it's saying
>>>48%
>>>full.
>>>
>>>The biggest problem I have is no caller ID on the phone, it shows ok in
>>>the
>>>CDR records but not the phone. I've tried loads of different
>>>configurations
>>>still no go. The phone is a French dect phone but it has worked fine with
>>>BT
>>>for many years (I assume the CID firmware would detect / work everywhere)
>>>
>>>Everything else seems to work thus far. One thing I did notice is my
>>>fathers
>>>CID displays in the CDR as 01234-567 8901 (number changed!) with the
>>>hyphen and space ? this makes it difficult to put into an inbound route
>>>?.
>>>BT's 17070 ringback number shows the normal 080012345678 with no spaces
>>>or
>>>hyphen.
>>>
>>>Dave.

>>
>>
>> Incidentally the cards I am using are only 4GB and cost 2.73 from
>> Ebay.
>> They are fast cards, in fact they are not SDHC as recommended, just SD
>> but they perform very well in this application.
>>
>> According to the notes I made you can clear all the CDR data by SSH
>> into the root prompt, then:
>> mysql -p
>> Enter root password again (raspberry)
>> use asteriskcdrdb
>> DELETE FROM cdr
>> exit
>>
>>
>> Not tried it, source:
>> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...s.cfm?t=698136
>>
>> If you want to remove call recordings, I find it convenient to remove
>> entire directories, as the structure is year/month/day
>>
>> So, for example, if you wanted to remove all today's recordings you
>> could issue:
>>
>> rm -r /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2013/10/28
>>
>> Likewise you could delete an entire month, or even year. The directory
>> structure appears to be self-healing when next written to.
>>
>> As I mentioned you can only upload relatively short audio clips for
>> announcements and MOH until you change some defaults.
>>
>>
>> nano /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
>>
>> It's a big file, use the search facility in nano to find & change:
>>
>> upload_max_filesize = 20M (was 2M)
>> and also
>>
>> post_max_size = 20M (was 8M)
>> After this you need to restart Apache:
>>
>> service apache2 restart
>>
>> source: http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/ca...sm3g-networks/
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Graham.
>>
>> %Profound_observation%
>>
>> All worked ok CDR erased etc. Any ideas how to swap around CallerID name
>> and
>> number ?. I've got callerID working (with date & time!) BUT the trunk
>> name
>> is displayed first. On a single line display this is not very useful,
>> It's
>> being sent but I can only see it after the call (pressing ID and then OK
>> on
>> the phone twice). I set Bellcore under the regional tab incidentally,
>> the
>> phone blankly refuses to work on the UK setting.
>>
>> Dave.
>>
>>
>>
>> At Last ! - just got callerID to work with the UK setting phew,, I
>> lowered the ring voltage from 85 to 70 and it worked - yeah.
>>
>> I still have the problem of displaying trunk name first though :-/
>>
>>

>
> Fixed this issue - easy really, on the 3102 under the PSTN Line tab,
> remove the display name (clear it) under Subscriber Information, callerID
> now shows properly as apposed to showing the trunk display name.
>
> Dave.


UPDATE.

Bit to quick off the mark, the CID is showing the first 8 digits not the
full CID, but the full CID is there when I hang up the call as before with
the display/trunk name...

Anyone know how to fix this ?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2013

>>>
>>> I still have the problem of displaying trunk name first though :-/
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Fixed this issue - easy really, on the 3102 under the PSTN Line tab,
>> remove the display name (clear it) under Subscriber Information, callerID
>> now shows properly as apposed to showing the trunk display name.
>>
>> Dave.

>
>UPDATE.
>
>Bit to quick off the mark, the CID is showing the first 8 digits not the
>full CID, but the full CID is there when I hang up the call as before with
>the display/trunk name...
>
>Anyone know how to fix this ?



Not sure. Is it a limitation of your handset?

The number is not so important if the callers name is displayed as
well. The Freepbx modules CID Lookup Sources & Asterisk Phonebook work
together to display the name if it's in the phone book, and the
CID Superfechta module can do multiple database dips including
saynoto0870. It also has a "UKPhoneinfo UK" lookup source that will at
least display the nearest large town or city based on the STD code, I
*did* get that working a few weeks ago but it doesn't want to play now
for some reason.

The Americans and Canadians have this CNAM reverse phonebook, I don't
know how complete the data is, but it would be great if we had
something like it freely available for the UK.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2013


"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>>>
>>>> I still have the problem of displaying trunk name first though :-/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Fixed this issue - easy really, on the 3102 under the PSTN Line tab,
>>> remove the display name (clear it) under Subscriber Information,
>>> callerID
>>> now shows properly as apposed to showing the trunk display name.
>>>
>>> Dave.

>>
>>UPDATE.
>>
>>Bit to quick off the mark, the CID is showing the first 8 digits not the
>>full CID, but the full CID is there when I hang up the call as before with
>>the display/trunk name...
>>
>>Anyone know how to fix this ?

>
>
> Not sure. Is it a limitation of your handset?
>
> The number is not so important if the callers name is displayed as
> well. The Freepbx modules CID Lookup Sources & Asterisk Phonebook work
> together to display the name if it's in the phone book, and the
> CID Superfechta module can do multiple database dips including
> saynoto0870. It also has a "UKPhoneinfo UK" lookup source that will at
> least display the nearest large town or city based on the STD code, I
> *did* get that working a few weeks ago but it doesn't want to play now
> for some reason.
>
> The Americans and Canadians have this CNAM reverse phonebook, I don't
> know how complete the data is, but it would be great if we had
> something like it freely available for the UK.
>
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%


I think the phone maybe getting confused, because when I go to save the
number in it's directory the phone tries to put the displayed short number
as the name in the directory then the number as normal. I think therefore,
the phone maybe truncating the first (CNAM?) part. At least now the first 8
digits are displayed rather than the trunk name. Thinking about it the phone
can save names up to 8 digits so I'm sure that's why it's getting truncated.
Obviously the phone on the BT line displays long numbers fine.

On this issue do you know of dect phone that can display long CNAM's ?
(16 digits?) and has recordable ringtones (wav/mp3) some of the Siemens
Gigasets do but can be pricey, I've seen the SL785
http://www.gigaset.com/en_UK/shop/gigaset-sl785.html

I've looked briefly into the CID Superfechta but couldn't really make it
out !? I've nothing in the Asterisk phonebook so neither are messy up the
CNAM/CID - I think... It would be very useful to have a lookup for the UK as
the yanks do, most USA numbers I've Googled have found their FULL details so
I would assume it is mostly complete over there.

I've also found this link to the space and minus issue in some UK numbers -
you may have found your own way around it of course.
http://www.freepbx.org/comment/56555

Dave.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2013
On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 19:21:19 -0000, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>
>"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I still have the problem of displaying trunk name first though :-/
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Fixed this issue - easy really, on the 3102 under the PSTN Line tab,
>>>> remove the display name (clear it) under Subscriber Information,
>>>> callerID
>>>> now shows properly as apposed to showing the trunk display name.
>>>>
>>>> Dave.
>>>
>>>UPDATE.
>>>
>>>Bit to quick off the mark, the CID is showing the first 8 digits not the
>>>full CID, but the full CID is there when I hang up the call as before with
>>>the display/trunk name...
>>>
>>>Anyone know how to fix this ?

>>
>>
>> Not sure. Is it a limitation of your handset?
>>
>> The number is not so important if the callers name is displayed as
>> well. The Freepbx modules CID Lookup Sources & Asterisk Phonebook work
>> together to display the name if it's in the phone book, and the
>> CID Superfechta module can do multiple database dips including
>> saynoto0870. It also has a "UKPhoneinfo UK" lookup source that will at
>> least display the nearest large town or city based on the STD code, I
>> *did* get that working a few weeks ago but it doesn't want to play now
>> for some reason.
>>
>> The Americans and Canadians have this CNAM reverse phonebook, I don't
>> know how complete the data is, but it would be great if we had
>> something like it freely available for the UK.
>>
>> --
>> Graham.
>>
>> %Profound_observation%

>
>I think the phone maybe getting confused, because when I go to save the
>number in it's directory the phone tries to put the displayed short number
>as the name in the directory then the number as normal. I think therefore,
>the phone maybe truncating the first (CNAM?) part. At least now the first 8
>digits are displayed rather than the trunk name. Thinking about it the phone
>can save names up to 8 digits so I'm sure that's why it's getting truncated.
>Obviously the phone on the BT line displays long numbers fine.
>
> On this issue do you know of dect phone that can display long CNAM's ?
>(16 digits?) and has recordable ringtones (wav/mp3) some of the Siemens
>Gigasets do but can be pricey, I've seen the SL785
>http://www.gigaset.com/en_UK/shop/gigaset-sl785.html
>
> I've looked briefly into the CID Superfechta but couldn't really make it
>out !? I've nothing in the Asterisk phonebook so neither are messy up the
>CNAM/CID - I think... It would be very useful to have a lookup for the UK as
>the yanks do, most USA numbers I've Googled have found their FULL details so
>I would assume it is mostly complete over there.
>
>I've also found this link to the space and minus issue in some UK numbers -
>you may have found your own way around it of course.
>http://www.freepbx.org/comment/56555
>
>Dave.



Since I changed my line rental from BT to Primus Saver, the hyphens
have disappeared except, oddly, from one number.

Sorry, my DECT phones are Tesco Value. I have a wired POTS pots with a
big display badged BT Featureline phone MKII that I quite like.

Just tried a long name in Asterisk's phonebook and the Featureline
phone displays the first 20 characters with no rotation or split
lines.
Any additional characters are ignored.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2013


"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 19:21:19 -0000, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I still have the problem of displaying trunk name first though :-/
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Fixed this issue - easy really, on the 3102 under the PSTN Line tab,
>>>>> remove the display name (clear it) under Subscriber Information,
>>>>> callerID
>>>>> now shows properly as apposed to showing the trunk display name.
>>>>>
>>>>> Dave.
>>>>
>>>>UPDATE.
>>>>
>>>>Bit to quick off the mark, the CID is showing the first 8 digits not the
>>>>full CID, but the full CID is there when I hang up the call as before
>>>>with
>>>>the display/trunk name...
>>>>
>>>>Anyone know how to fix this ?
>>>
>>>
>>> Not sure. Is it a limitation of your handset?
>>>
>>> The number is not so important if the callers name is displayed as
>>> well. The Freepbx modules CID Lookup Sources & Asterisk Phonebook work
>>> together to display the name if it's in the phone book, and the
>>> CID Superfechta module can do multiple database dips including
>>> saynoto0870. It also has a "UKPhoneinfo UK" lookup source that will at
>>> least display the nearest large town or city based on the STD code, I
>>> *did* get that working a few weeks ago but it doesn't want to play now
>>> for some reason.
>>>
>>> The Americans and Canadians have this CNAM reverse phonebook, I don't
>>> know how complete the data is, but it would be great if we had
>>> something like it freely available for the UK.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Graham.
>>>
>>> %Profound_observation%

>>
>>I think the phone maybe getting confused, because when I go to save the
>>number in it's directory the phone tries to put the displayed short number
>>as the name in the directory then the number as normal. I think therefore,
>>the phone maybe truncating the first (CNAM?) part. At least now the first
>>8
>>digits are displayed rather than the trunk name. Thinking about it the
>>phone
>>can save names up to 8 digits so I'm sure that's why it's getting
>>truncated.
>>Obviously the phone on the BT line displays long numbers fine.
>>
>> On this issue do you know of dect phone that can display long CNAM's ?
>>(16 digits?) and has recordable ringtones (wav/mp3) some of the Siemens
>>Gigasets do but can be pricey, I've seen the SL785
>>http://www.gigaset.com/en_UK/shop/gigaset-sl785.html
>>
>> I've looked briefly into the CID Superfechta but couldn't really make
>> it
>>out !? I've nothing in the Asterisk phonebook so neither are messy up the
>>CNAM/CID - I think... It would be very useful to have a lookup for the UK
>>as
>>the yanks do, most USA numbers I've Googled have found their FULL details
>>so
>>I would assume it is mostly complete over there.
>>
>>I've also found this link to the space and minus issue in some UK
>>numbers -
>>you may have found your own way around it of course.
>>http://www.freepbx.org/comment/56555
>>
>>Dave.

>
>
> Since I changed my line rental from BT to Primus Saver, the hyphens
> have disappeared except, oddly, from one number.
>
> Sorry, my DECT phones are Tesco Value. I have a wired POTS pots with a
> big display badged BT Featureline phone MKII that I quite like.
>
> Just tried a long name in Asterisk's phonebook and the Featureline
> phone displays the first 20 characters with no rotation or split
> lines.
> Any additional characters are ignored.
>
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%


That's interesting that with Primus you don't get the hyphens ?, I've just
signed up with BT again for a year's 'Line rental saver' I was thinking
about Primus but owing to the negative comments I changed my mind !

Does your Tesco Dect phone have a one or two line display ? if it has only
one line does it display the CNAM or CID on it ?
I think my phone is doing the correct thing it's being told to but the
display is truncating it as mentioned before, there must be a way to tell
FreePBX not to send out CNAM with the CID data. I'll try out the work around
from the link I posted and see how that goes. As I see it this is the
biggest issue, because none of the other features will work properly with it
messed up - the phone directory, inbound routes etc.

Dave

 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2013

>>
>> Since I changed my line rental from BT to Primus Saver, the hyphens
>> have disappeared except, oddly, from one number.
>>
>> Sorry, my DECT phones are Tesco Value. I have a wired POTS pots with a
>> big display badged BT Featureline phone MKII that I quite like.
>>
>> Just tried a long name in Asterisk's phonebook and the Featureline
>> phone displays the first 20 characters with no rotation or split
>> lines.
>> Any additional characters are ignored.
>>
>> --
>> Graham.
>>
>> %Profound_observation%

>
>That's interesting that with Primus you don't get the hyphens ?, I've just
>signed up with BT again for a year's 'Line rental saver' I was thinking
>about Primus but owing to the negative comments I changed my mind !
>
>Does your Tesco Dect phone have a one or two line display ? if it has only
>one line does it display the CNAM or CID on it ?
>I think my phone is doing the correct thing it's being told to but the
>display is truncating it as mentioned before, there must be a way to tell
>FreePBX not to send out CNAM with the CID data. I'll try out the work around
>from the link I posted and see how that goes. As I see it this is the
>biggest issue, because none of the other features will work properly with it
>messed up - the phone directory, inbound routes etc.
>
>Dave



Tesco DECT is single line and alternates the number and name. If the
name is longer than 12 characters it splits that too so Home Landline
displays

01234567890
Home Landlin
e
01234567890
Home Landlin
e

etc.

As for Primus, all I can say is I have started a thread in uk.telecom
title: Probably going to regret this..."

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dialing Plans For A SPA 3102 Port Admiral Haynes UK VOIP 2 03-09-2007 09:39 PM
SPA 3102 - Totaly Stuck! Port Admiral Haynes UK VOIP 9 03-09-2007 09:37 PM
Deciding between SPA-3102 and SPA-2102 benn686@hotmail.com VOIP 4 10-07-2006 09:33 PM
[Axon PBX] Configuring the Linksys SPA-3102? Vincent Delporte VOIP 0 08-13-2006 02:06 AM
SPA-3102 setup Les Desser UK VOIP 6 08-11-2006 01:23 PM



Advertisments