Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > FreePBX + SPA 3102 Problems

FreePBX + SPA 3102 Problems

Dave

Ok, from my other posts here you will no doubt no I have been playing
FreePBX on a Raspberry PI and now just got myself a Linksys SPA 3102. I've
got it all working, sort off. The 3102 is all logged into FreePBX ok as an
extension and a truck (PSTN Line). I've followed the instructions Graham.
posted but I getting the 'All Circuits Are Busy Now' message when I select
the BT line as a destination, it works ok when I set Sipgate for example so
it's an issue with the 3102 settings I think. I've not tested inbound yet -
no cell phone coverage here for one thing!

Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
far - Thank you all !

Dave

Bob Eager

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 16:36:20 +0100, Dave wrote:

> Ok, from my other posts here you will no doubt no I have been playing
> FreePBX on a Raspberry PI and now just got myself a Linksys SPA 3102.
> I've got it all working, sort off. The 3102 is all logged into FreePBX
> ok as an extension and a truck (PSTN Line). I've followed the
> instructions Graham. posted but I getting the 'All Circuits Are Busy
> Now' message when I select the BT line as a destination, it works ok
> when I set Sipgate for example so it's an issue with the 3102 settings I
> think. I've not tested inbound yet -
> no cell phone coverage here for one thing!
>
> Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
> far - Thank you all !

Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
interface show 'registered'?

Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
code, but ensure you have these settings:

call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
do i = 1 to 8
call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
end

Dave

"Bob Eager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 16:36:20 +0100, Dave wrote:
>
>> Ok, from my other posts here you will no doubt no I have been playing
>> FreePBX on a Raspberry PI and now just got myself a Linksys SPA 3102.
>> I've got it all working, sort off. The 3102 is all logged into FreePBX
>> ok as an extension and a truck (PSTN Line). I've followed the
>> instructions Graham. posted but I getting the 'All Circuits Are Busy
>> Now' message when I select the BT line as a destination, it works ok
>> when I set Sipgate for example so it's an issue with the 3102 settings I
>> think. I've not tested inbound yet -
>> no cell phone coverage here for one thing!
>>
>> Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
>> far - Thank you all !

> Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
> interface show 'registered'?
>
> Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
> code, but ensure you have these settings:
>
> call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
> call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
> call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
> call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
> call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
> call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
> call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
> do i = 1 to 8
> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
> end
>

> --
> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits Are
Busy Now (ACABN).

Dave

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bob Eager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 16:36:20 +0100, Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, from my other posts here you will no doubt no I have been playing
>>> FreePBX on a Raspberry PI and now just got myself a Linksys SPA 3102.
>>> I've got it all working, sort off. The 3102 is all logged into FreePBX
>>> ok as an extension and a truck (PSTN Line). I've followed the
>>> instructions Graham. posted but I getting the 'All Circuits Are Busy
>>> Now' message when I select the BT line as a destination, it works ok
>>> when I set Sipgate for example so it's an issue with the 3102 settings I
>>> think. I've not tested inbound yet -
>>> no cell phone coverage here for one thing!
>>>
>>> Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
>>> far - Thank you all !

>> Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
>> interface show 'registered'?
>>
>> Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
>> code, but ensure you have these settings:
>>
>> call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
>> call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
>> call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
>> call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
>> call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
>> call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
>> do i = 1 to 8
>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
>> end
>>

>> --
>> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
>> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
>> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
>> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

> Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
> other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits Are
> Busy Now (ACABN).

Red face time . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just checking
the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not plugged all
the way in !!
I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.

I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not working
from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial from analogue
phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX

Dave.

Dave

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4gtpg$nh5$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> "Bob Eager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
>>> interface show 'registered'?
>>>
>>> Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
>>> code, but ensure you have these settings:
>>>
>>> call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
>>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
>>> call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
>>> call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
>>> call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
>>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
>>> call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
>>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
>>> call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
>>> do i = 1 to 8
>>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
>>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
>>> end
>>>

>>> --
>>> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
>>> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
>>> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
>>> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

>> Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
>> other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits
>> Are Busy Now (ACABN).
>>

> Red face time . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
> plugged all the way in !!
> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
> didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.
>
> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial from
> analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX
>
> Dave.

No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there appears
to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so the 3102 is
recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it on ?

Bob Eager

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, Dave wrote:

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4gtpg$nh5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> "Bob Eager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered
>>> the other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All
>>> Circuits Are Busy Now (ACABN).
>>>

>> Red face time . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
>> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
>> plugged all the way in !!
>> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
>> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and
>> I didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to
>> remove.
>>
>> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
>> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial
>> from analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in
>> FreePBX
>>
>> Dave.

> No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
> appears to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so
> the 3102 is recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it
> on ?

Any use?

call item 'PSTN-To-VoIP_Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
call item 'PSTN_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
call item 'PSTN_Ring_Thru_Line_1_2_','No'
call item 'PSTN_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
call item 'PSTN_CID_For_VoIP_CID_2_','Yes'
call item 'PSTN_CID_Number_Prefix_2_',''
call item 'PSTN_Caller_Default_DP_2_',g.pstn_dp
call item 'Off_Hook_While_Calling_VoIP_2_','No'
call item 'Line_1_Signal_Hook_Flash_To_PSTN_2_','Disabled'
call item 'PSTN_CID_Name_Prefix_2_',''
call item 'PSTN_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
call item 'PSTN_Access_List',''
do i = 1 to 8
call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','1'
end

Dave

"Bob Eager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, Dave wrote:

>>> Red face time . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
>>> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
>>> plugged all the way in !!
>>> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
>>> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and
>>> I didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to
>>> remove.
>>>
>>> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
>>> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial
>>> from analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in
>>> FreePBX
>>>
>>> Dave.

>> No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
>> appears to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so
>> the 3102 is recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it
>> on ?

> Any use?
>
> call item 'PSTN-To-VoIP_Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
> call item 'PSTN_Ring_Thru_Line_1_2_','No'
> call item 'PSTN_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
> call item 'PSTN_CID_For_VoIP_CID_2_','Yes'
> call item 'PSTN_CID_Number_Prefix_2_',''
> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Default_DP_2_',g.pstn_dp
> call item 'Off_Hook_While_Calling_VoIP_2_','No'
> call item 'Line_1_Signal_Hook_Flash_To_PSTN_2_','Disabled'
> call item 'PSTN_CID_Name_Prefix_2_',''
> call item 'PSTN_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
> call item 'PSTN_Access_List',''
> do i = 1 to 8
> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','1'
> end
>

> --
> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

Yes, here are my settings ..
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/1...e1b52586_o.jpg

Graham.

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4gtpg$nh5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> "Bob Eager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
>>> other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits
>>> Are Busy Now (ACABN).
>>>

>> Red face time . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
>> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
>> plugged all the way in !!
>> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
>> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
>> didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.
>>
>> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
>> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial from
>> analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX
>>
>> Dave.

>No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there appears
>to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so the 3102 is
>recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it on ?

Hi Dave,
Do you still see a long delay if you append # at the end?

As the FXO and FXS are behind a common network interface and therefore
share a MAC they need to have different ports assigned, and by default
the SPA has 5061 assigned to the FSO. In the freepbx trunk, you should
have a line in PEER Details that says

port=5061

Here are my PEER Details in full

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=dynamic
incominglimit=1
nat=never
port=5061
qualify=yes
secret=????
type=friend
username=1-pstn

SSH into the RPi and issue "asterisk -rvvvvv" at the root prompt,
then see what it spews out when the POTS line rings.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham.

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:45:41 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bob Eager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
>>> appears to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so
>>> the 3102 is recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it
>>> on ?

>> Any use?
>>
>> call item 'PSTN-To-VoIP_Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
>> call item 'PSTN_Ring_Thru_Line_1_2_','No'
>> call item 'PSTN_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
>> call item 'PSTN_CID_For_VoIP_CID_2_','Yes'
>> call item 'PSTN_CID_Number_Prefix_2_',''
>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Default_DP_2_',g.pstn_dp
>> call item 'Off_Hook_While_Calling_VoIP_2_','No'
>> call item 'Line_1_Signal_Hook_Flash_To_PSTN_2_','Disabled'
>> call item 'PSTN_CID_Name_Prefix_2_',''
>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
>> call item 'PSTN_Access_List',''
>> do i = 1 to 8
>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','1'
>> end
>>

>> --
>> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
>> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
>> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me 30 a post
>> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

>Yes, here are my settings ..
>http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/1...e1b52586_o.jpg

That looks fine, and I take it you modified the "Dial Plan 2" further
up the page to (S0<:01234567890>) matching the DID of your inbound
route in Freepbx?

And the inbound route has a valid destination set?

As I said, SSH into the console and ring the line.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Dave

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Red face time . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
>>> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
>>> plugged all the way in !!
>>> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
>>> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
>>> didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.
>>>
>>> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
>>> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial
>>> from
>>> analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX
>>>
>>> Dave.

>>No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
>>appears
>>to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so the 3102 is
>>recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it on ?

> Hi Dave,
> Do you still see a long delay if you append # at the end?
>
> As the FXO and FXS are behind a common network interface and therefore
> share a MAC they need to have different ports assigned, and by default
> the SPA has 5061 assigned to the FSO. In the freepbx trunk, you should
> have a line in PEER Details that says
>
> port=5061
>
> Here are my PEER Details in full
>

> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> canreinvite=no
> context=from-trunk
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> host=dynamic
> incominglimit=1
> nat=never
> port=5061
> qualify=yes
> secret=????
> type=friend
> username=1-pstn
>

> SSH into the RPi and issue "asterisk -rvvvvv" at the root prompt,
> then see what it spews out when the POTS line rings.
>

> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

Hi Graham,

Yes, a # appended speeds it up, I think it can be adjusted with
dial_timeout somewhere but can cause problems.

Peer details exactly like yours, I'll look into a more verbose output .

my lash-up !

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/1...feec4d57_k.jpg

Dave.