Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Pogue leaving NYT for ...

Re: Pogue leaving NYT for ...

J. Clarke

says...

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:06:56 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
> >On 2013-10-21 16:29:06 -0700, Alan Browne
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> >

> >> Hate him or despise him - or even like him from time to time, Pogue is
> >> leaving the NYT for - wait for it - Yahoo.
> >>
> >> The Yahoo site he'll run will be "consumer-focused technology" which I
> >> guess will have some photography amongst the widgets.
> >>
> >> This is a major coup for Yahoo IMO as they try hard to revive their
> >> relevance - I can only imagine that Pogue is being very handsomely
> >> compensated for the move from the higher brow NYT to the
> >> infotainmentology of Yahoo.
> >>
> >> I suspect he'll do well in drawing a lot of people back who have pretty
> >> much abandoned Yahoo.

> >Well he does have a fair knowledge base and set of credentials, and
> >isn't ignorant when it comes to things Apple. However, his
> >qualifications to discuss things photographic are questionable at best
> >and I don't think he will be drawn in that direction too often.
> >
> >At least he isn't John Dvorak in another suit.

> Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth. Dvorak was one of the
> worst tech writers in history. My two favorite predictions of his:
>
> On line shopping will never succeed.
> The graphical user interface is DOA (after he had a chance to use a
> Mac in 1984.
>
> How he stayed employed is beyond me.

That's easy. Stupid sells. Look at Rush Limbaugh.

Re: Pogue leaving NYT for ... nospam Digital Photography 29 10-27-2013 01:23 AM
Interesting Apple story in NYT RichA Digital Photography 0 01-27-2012 04:38 AM
NYT OldGringo38 Computer Support 0 10-09-2009 01:25 PM
NYT article - GPS tagging of digital photos Alan Browne Digital Photography 4 12-22-2004 07:36 AM
Firefox 1 NYT Advert Collector»NZ NZ Computing 6 12-17-2004 04:51 AM

Advertisments