Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Pogue leaving NYT for ...

Re: Pogue leaving NYT for ...

Tony Cooper

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:14:55 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, J. Clarke
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> > But my fingers fit so well on his keyboard.

>> Curb your mouth. John Dvorak is at best a very distant relation to
>> Professor August Dvorak after whom the keyboard is named.

>and that keyboard offers no benefit.

Mine offers the benefit of a shift key so that I don't look like a
complete ignoramus typing in all lower case.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Curb your mouth. John Dvorak is at best a very distant relation to
> >> Professor August Dvorak after whom the keyboard is named.

> >and that keyboard offers no benefit.

> Mine offers the benefit of a shift key so that I don't look like a
> complete ignoramus typing in all lower case.

nospam offers and opinion, Tony decides that this is cause enough to
offer an ad hominem.

And then he really whines about being called a troll? Weird.

--
Sandman[.net]

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Sandman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > >and that keyboard offers no benefit.

> > Mine offers the benefit of a shift key so that I don't look like a
> > complete ignoramus typing in all lower case.

> nospam offers and opinion,

it's not an opinion.

objective tests show dvorak and qwerty keyboards to not have any
significant difference in typing speeds.

> Tony decides that this is cause enough to
> offer an ad hominem.

it's all he does.

PeterN

On 10/23/2013 1:38 AM, Sandman wrote:

>>> and that keyboard offers no benefit.

>> Mine offers the benefit of a shift key so that I don't look like a
>> complete ignoramus typing in all lower case.

> nospam offers and opinion, Tony decides that this is cause enough to
> offer an ad hominem.
>
> And then he really whines about being called a troll? Weird.

Once again the Scandinavian. The troll pops in and contributes nothing
but venom.

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 10/23/2013 1:14 AM, nospam wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, J. Clarke
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> But my fingers fit so well on his keyboard.

>> Curb your mouth. John Dvorak is at best a very distant relation to
>> Professor August Dvorak after whom the keyboard is named.

> and that keyboard offers no benefit.

References please.
Or, does it depend on what end product you are producing. A novel writer
will produce something different than a code writer.

--
PeterN

Sandman

On 2013-10-23 14:17, PeterN wrote:

> > nospam offers and opinion, Tony decides that this is cause enough to
> > offer an ad hominem.
> >
> > And then he really whines about being called a troll? Weird.

> Once again the Scandinavian. The troll pops in and contributes nothing
> but venom.

Projection, the trolls last resort. Also - call a normal observation
"venom". Haha!

How's that "improving your photography" coming along, Peter? Seems
you're too busy following me around and posting your normal trolling
routine.

You're really working hard to be a bigger troll than both Eric and Tony.
You're nearly there!

--
Sandman[.net]

PeterN

On 10/23/2013 8:21 AM, Sandman wrote:
> On 2013-10-23 14:17, PeterN wrote:
>
>> > nospam offers and opinion, Tony decides that this is cause enough to
>> > offer an ad hominem.
>> >
>> > And then he really whines about being called a troll? Weird.

>> Once again the Scandinavian. The troll pops in and contributes nothing
>> but venom.

> Projection, the trolls last resort. Also - call a normal observation
> "venom". Haha!
>
> How's that "improving your photography" coming along, Peter? Seems
> you're too busy following me around and posting your normal trolling
> routine.
>
> You're really working hard to be a bigger troll than both Eric and Tony.
> You're nearly there!

Proof!
Your only contribution to this discussion was a comment only intended to
inflame.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)>

--
PeterN

Sandman

On 2013-10-23 14:31, PeterN wrote:

>>> Once again the Scandinavian. The troll pops in and contributes nothing
>>> but venom.

>> Projection, the trolls last resort. Also - call a normal observation
>> "venom". Haha!
>>
>> How's that "improving your photography" coming along, Peter? Seems
>> you're too busy following me around and posting your normal trolling
>> routine.
>>
>> You're really working hard to be a bigger troll than both Eric and Tony.
>> You're nearly there!

> Proof!
> Your only contribution to this discussion was a comment only intended to
> inflame.

This is different from your contribution to the thread, how? Is this how
you improve your photography?

Tony tries to tell us that he isn't a troll and whines a lot when his
actions show him to be one. I am doing him the courtesy of letting him
know just what actions of his that earns him that moniker. You will
notice how I compared his trolling action against the non-trolling
action from nospam to whom he was replying. That is a claim from me and
substantiation.

You, on the other hand, join threads only to add ad hominems as much as
possible. You never substantiate and never have any point to this. Your
posts are mostly incoherent and lack an actual point.

Isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to jump in and point out that I am
calling Tony a troll when you didn't jump in when Tony called nospam an
"ignoramus" - a post he clearly did out of the blu with the only
intention to personally insult nospam.

Now scurry along and ignore reality like you always do, Peter.

--
Sandman[.net]

PeterN

On 10/23/2013 8:46 AM, Sandman wrote:

>>> Projection, the trolls last resort. Also - call a normal observation
>>> "venom". Haha!
>>>
>>> How's that "improving your photography" coming along, Peter? Seems
>>> you're too busy following me around and posting your normal trolling
>>> routine.
>>>
>>> You're really working hard to be a bigger troll than both Eric and Tony.
>>> You're nearly there!

>> Proof!
>> Your only contribution to this discussion was a comment only intended to
>> inflame.

> This is different from your contribution to the thread, how? Is this how
> you improve your photography?
>
> Tony tries to tell us that he isn't a troll and whines a lot when his
> actions show him to be one. I am doing him the courtesy of letting him
> know just what actions of his that earns him that moniker. You will
> notice how I compared his trolling action against the non-trolling
> action from nospam to whom he was replying. That is a claim from me and
> substantiation.
>
> You, on the other hand, join threads only to add ad hominems as much as
> possible. You never substantiate and never have any point to this. Your
> posts are mostly incoherent and lack an actual point.
>
> Isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to jump in and point out that I am
> calling Tony a troll when you didn't jump in when Tony called nospam an
> "ignoramus" - a post he clearly did out of the blu with the only
> intention to personally insult nospam.
>
> Now scurry along and ignore reality like you always do, Peter.

Yawn!

--
PeterN

Sandman

On 2013-10-23 14:56, PeterN wrote:

>> This is different from your contribution to the thread, how? Is this how
>> you improve your photography?
>>
>> Tony tries to tell us that he isn't a troll and whines a lot when his
>> actions show him to be one. I am doing him the courtesy of letting him
>> know just what actions of his that earns him that moniker. You will
>> notice how I compared his trolling action against the non-trolling
>> action from nospam to whom he was replying. That is a claim from me and
>> substantiation.
>>
>> You, on the other hand, join threads only to add ad hominems as much as
>> possible. You never substantiate and never have any point to this. Your
>> posts are mostly incoherent and lack an actual point.
>>
>> Isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to jump in and point out that I am
>> calling Tony a troll when you didn't jump in when Tony called nospam an
>> "ignoramus" - a post he clearly did out of the blu with the only
>> intention to personally insult nospam.
>>
>> Now scurry along and ignore reality like you always do, Peter.

> Yawn!

Just as expected. Now run along little girl.

--
Sandman[.net]

Interesting Apple story in NYT RichA Digital Photography 0 01-27-2012 04:38 AM
NYT OldGringo38 Computer Support 0 10-09-2009 01:25 PM
NYT article - GPS tagging of digital photos Alan Browne Digital Photography 4 12-22-2004 07:36 AM
Firefox 1 NYT Advert Collector»NZ NZ Computing 6 12-17-2004 04:51 AM
Module to notify application when leaving site? Kevin Burton ASP .Net 2 11-01-2003 07:52 PM

Advertisments