Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: NiMh voltage?

Re: NiMh voltage?

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, bugbear
<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

> I have a (old) Canon A630 camera.
>
> I can get very few shots/use out of a freshly charged set of
> NiMh AA batteries, and yet when I put them in a halogen
> bulb torch, the torch will run for hours.
>
> I assume it's related to voltage, not Ah capacity.

how old are they? if they're old, especially if they weren't
maintained, they won't hold much of a charge anymore.

a flashlight doesn't use much current and is not a good test.

> Do brands/models of NiMh battery vary in voltage,
> and (if so) can anyone recommend a high(er) voltage type?

no. they're all the same voltage, with difference mah capacities.

replace them.