Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera on The Walking Dead

Camera on The Walking Dead

dj_nme

On 21/10/2013 6:45 PM, RichA wrote:
> I don't know if any of your saw it, but it looked like they grafted a Lomo or Diana front on a Polaroid back. Wouldn't have been functional. It could be an old Polaroid I'm not familiar with.

It's probably a Holgaroid, a mash-up of a Holga 120-film camera and a
Polaroid 600 instant film back: <http://goo.gl/bKtWM9>

RichA

On Monday, October 21, 2013 12:32:12 PM UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2013-10-21 08:34:03 -0700, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

> What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The >
> Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray>
> Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of >
> "different strokes for different folks".

Ray Donovan, The Bridge (The Brits have a new show called, "The Tunnel" pretty much the same) Sopranos, Banshee, all good shows.

Sandman

In article <2013102114382575249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

> > Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
> > character you really hated, and loved to hate.

> If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
> "Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
> Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great
> HBO series, and "Ray Donovan".
> Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season one.
>
> The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

Thanks for the suggestions!

--
Sandman[.net]

Nige Danton

PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 5:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Right, to each his own

>>> Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
>>> character you really hated, and loved to hate.

>> If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
>> "Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
>> Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great HBO
>> series, and "Ray Donovan".
>> Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season
>> one.
>>
>> The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

> Never saw Breaking Bad, but I did watch the Sopranos. After the Sopranos
> started, if I saw James Gandolfini in a different role, I found myself
> think, for just aan instant, WTF if Tony Soprano doing here.

Did you see James Gandolfini in True Romance? I thought it was an excellent
piece of acting. The entire film is great, of course.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l

PeterN

On 10/23/2013 7:07 AM, Nige Danton wrote:
> PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
>>> "Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
>>> Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great HBO
>>> series, and "Ray Donovan".
>>> Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season
>>> one.
>>>
>>> The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

>> Never saw Breaking Bad, but I did watch the Sopranos. After the Sopranos
>> started, if I saw James Gandolfini in a different role, I found myself
>> think, for just aan instant, WTF if Tony Soprano doing here.

> Did you see James Gandolfini in True Romance? I thought it was an excellent
> piece of acting. The entire film is great, of course.

i agree, he was a fine actor. And I meant my remark to be a commentary
on his acting. He did such a fine acting job in The Sopranos, that one
was convinced that he was Tony Soprano. I certainly meant no detraction
from his acting in other roles.

--
PeterN

Nige Danton

PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i agree, he was a fine actor. And I meant my remark to be a commentary on
> his acting. He did such a fine acting job in The Sopranos, that one was
> convinced that he was Tony Soprano. I certainly meant no detraction from
> his acting in other roles.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. I didn't read your comment as criticism
of his acting skills, I was simply drawing your attention to his acting in
True Romance, in case you hadn't seen it.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l