Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Why is there no runtime tag in the web.config

Why is there no runtime tag in the web.config

=?Utf-8?B?aW5ldG11Zw==?=

Why is there no runtime tag in the web.config like there is in the
app.config, or am I wrong??? I want to have the asp.net apps pick up the DLL
references at run time.
--
Patrick

Scott Allen

You can place a runtime element there - it just isn't in the default
web.config that VS.NET spits out. A web.config file uses the same
schema as an app.config file, but is a superset since it adds a
<system.web> section.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:05:03 -0800, "inetmug"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why is there no runtime tag in the web.config like there is in the
>app.config, or am I wrong??? I want to have the asp.net apps pick up the DLL
>references at run time.

=?Utf-8?B?aW5ldG11Zw==?=

Scott:

Thanks. That is what I would have expected. When I looked at all the docs
it looked as if there was an exception. I'll give it a try, thanks again.