Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Shopping For DVD/VCR That Reads MPG

Shopping For DVD/VCR That Reads MPG

(PeteCresswell)

Has anybody found a DVD/VCR player where the DVD part can read a .MPG
file on a data DVD?

It would also need to put out the pic/sound on coax so it could be
inline between a cable box and the TV.

I'm Googling, but not finding anything that reads .MPG and also does VHS
tapes. Am I trying to fool Mother Nature with this? i.e. is VHS
technology so old and ability to read .MPG so recent that they aren't
going to be on the same device?
--
Pete Cresswell

Charlie+

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:37:06 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote as underneath :

>Has anybody found a DVD/VCR player where the DVD part can read a .MPG
>file on a data DVD?
>
>It would also need to put out the pic/sound on coax so it could be
>inline between a cable box and the TV.
>
>I'm Googling, but not finding anything that reads .MPG and also does VHS
>tapes. Am I trying to fool Mother Nature with this? i.e. is VHS
>technology so old and ability to read .MPG so recent that they aren't
>going to be on the same device?

Unless I misunderstand, any DVD player I have seen will directly play
..MPG files from a data disk, its never normally a featue advertised,
just part of the sytem.
Obviously you need player software if it is a computer drive. C+