Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Tech Support?

Re: Tech Support?

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:13:48 -0400, "J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, tonycooper214
>@gmail.com says...
>>
>> On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:48:33 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>> >arguing just to argue, as always.
>> >
>> >you know quite well what is meant by pc.

>> No argument provided. I simply pointed out an error.
>>
>> Isn't that why you say you are here? To correct errors that others
>> make?

>Since it's an Apple device and since the PC is Apple's traditional
>enemy, calling it a PC is fighting words to an Apple fan.

In nospam's context, an Apple computer is the same as a PC.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, J. Clarke
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > >arguing just to argue, as always.
> > >
> > >you know quite well what is meant by pc.

> > No argument provided. I simply pointed out an error.
> >
> > Isn't that why you say you are here? To correct errors that others
> > make?

> Since it's an Apple device and since the PC is Apple's traditional
> enemy, calling it a PC is fighting words to an Apple fan.

has nothing to do with enemies or fanboism.

the term pc means windows pc.

nospam

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> No argument provided. I simply pointed out an error.

> >it's not an error. you're just arguing to argue because you have
> >nothing better to do.

> So you are going to argue about this?
>
> Is, is not, looks like an argument to me.

just pointing out your hypocrisy.

nospam

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> No argument provided. I simply pointed out an error.
> >>
> >> Isn't that why you say you are here? To correct errors that others
> >> make?

> >Since it's an Apple device and since the PC is Apple's traditional
> >enemy, calling it a PC is fighting words to an Apple fan.
> >

> In nospam's context, an Apple computer is the same as a PC.

nonsense. i've never said nor implied anything of the sort. you are
once again, lying.

pc means windows pc, and i'm sure you know that too.

J. Clarke

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, tonycooper214
@gmail.com says...

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:13:48 -0400, "J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, tonycooper214
> >@gmail.com says...

> >> No argument provided. I simply pointed out an error.
> >>
> >> Isn't that why you say you are here? To correct errors that others
> >> make?

> >Since it's an Apple device and since the PC is Apple's traditional
> >enemy, calling it a PC is fighting words to an Apple fan.
> >

> In nospam's context, an Apple computer is the same as a PC.

<sigh> I tried.

nospam

In article <l2f77e$qnj$(E-Mail Removed)>,
YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoŽlle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > you can use your own cloud server with an ipad.

> I was not speaking of my own cloud server with some cloud service
> talking to ios device, I was speaking of my OwnCloud server (and yes,
> hosted on my own server, cloudy itself, that may be a bit confusing ).
> I know for sure it will synchronise with an AndroÔd device client.
> IOS client does not seems to be up to date.

they updated their ios app 10 days ago, which is 2 days after the
android version was last updated. if it doesn't work, that's their own
fault, not apple's fault.

and it looks like the android version isn't all that wonderful, with a
3.2 out of 5 rating and quite a few 'it doesn't work' reviews.

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:24:07 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> >Since it's an Apple device and since the PC is Apple's traditional
>> >enemy, calling it a PC is fighting words to an Apple fan.
>> >

>> In nospam's context, an Apple computer is the same as a PC.

>nonsense. i've never said nor implied anything of the sort. you are
>once again, lying.
>
>pc means windows pc, and i'm sure you know that too.

Of course you implied it. You made the statement that an iPad is more
portable than a PC will ever be. You meant, of course, a desktop unit
and not just a system that uses Windows. The same is true for an
Apple desktop or a Windows desktop.

Unless, of course, you want to try to make the point that an iPad and
a desktop Apple computer are equal in portability. Want to try that?

I suppose you could have meant a laptop and not a desktop, but you
have the same context issue. An Apple laptop and a Windows laptop are
the same as far as making comparisons of portability with an iPad.

You going to continue to weasel?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam

In article <l2fajp$822$(E-Mail Removed)>,
YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoŽlle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > they updated their ios app 10 days ago, which is 2 days after the
> > android version was last updated. if it doesn't work, that's their own
> > fault, not apple's fault.

> Well, when I looked on appstore it was written version 2, and the
> current version of ownCloud is 5.

you obviously didn't look on the android play store, since the version
number of the android app, which you claim to be using, is 1.4.5.

not that it matters, since version numbers don't mean a whole lot. what
matters is if the app does what it claims to do.

> > and it looks like the android version isn't all that wonderful, with a
> > 3.2 out of 5 rating and quite a few 'it doesn't work' reviews.

> Oh. Bad news then.
> Anyway OwnCloud is sometimes awkward and the user/admin interface is
> odd. But it works for me, on the whole.

ok.

nospam

In article <2013100113440429267-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

> > An iPad porfolio would be nice, but that's no priority in a tight
> > budget. And how will it synchronise with my OwnCloud server?

> I would imagine that there would be some way to sync to "Owncloud". I
> use both Dropbox and PogoPlug without issue.

using the owncloud app would be the first thing to try.

PeterN

On 10/1/2013 1:35 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> an ipad connects to the rest of the world just fine.
>>>
>>> it also has 'a usb port of some sort'

>> You should inform Apple marketing service of that, then. You have a usb
>> port on your iPad and you are the only one.

> they are well aware of the capabilities of their products.

Whoosh!

--
PeterN

OT: MSN Tech Support Keyboard Cowboy MCSE 6 10-08-2004 01:32 AM
[OT] Offshore tech support T-Bone MCSE 4 09-27-2004 02:40 PM
Russian PC Support Tech: HEAR ME ROAR Wilhelm Scjlezieky MCSE 23 07-27-2004 06:08 PM
OT: Dell cancels India tech support? Freddy MCSE 8 11-26-2003 08:25 PM
OT: My local ISP Tech support - incompetence at it's very best S. O'Brien MCSE 1 11-03-2003 06:26 PM

Advertisments