Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox

Firefox

Bert

Hi,
Dell WXp. Loaded Firefox into new machine. V 0.10.1. Started with
Earthlink ISP. Set Internet Option to load google at starting. Opened
Firefox.
Prompt: Google cannot be found. Please check name and try later! As a
matter of fact no matter what DNS I type in nothing comes up. Any ideas?
I cannot figure MozillaZine comment "Open about: config and right-click add
two integer prefs and restart Firefox:
network.dnsCacheExperation = 64800 etc.
I cannot get past "Open about". Is that in Help? About only shows version
and Credits.
Bert

wps

"Bert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cm0rfo$jr3$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
> Dell WXp. Loaded Firefox into new machine. V 0.10.1. Started with
> Earthlink ISP. Set Internet Option to load google at starting.
> Opened Firefox.
> Prompt: Google cannot be found. Please check name and try later!
> As a matter of fact no matter what DNS I type in nothing comes up.
> Any ideas? I cannot figure MozillaZine comment "Open about: config
> and right-click add two integer prefs and restart Firefox:
> network.dnsCacheExperation = 64800 etc.
> I cannot get past "Open about". Is that in Help? About only shows
> version and Credits.
> Bert

In the address box, where you would normally type a URL type
"about:config" (no quotes, no spaces) and press Enter (or click Go).
You'll see a bunch of configuration settings.

Scroll down until you see network.dns...... If there already is a
setting for network.dnsCacheExpiration and it is not 64800, click on that
entry to select it then Right click. From the menu click Modify. You'll
get a box where you can enter the desired value.

If there is no entry for network.dnsCacheExpiration, right click the
select New->String. Enter the prefernece name
(network.dnsCacheExpiration) then the desired value.

I'm not sure what this value does, but that's how you'd set it.