Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > windows 2012 on home premium 7

windows 2012 on home premium 7

jcharth@gmail.com

Hello I installed the microsoft virtual machine on my win7 64bit home premium. I have a intel DP965LT with no vt-d. Using a q6600 processor. When I try to run the demo version of 2012 server it complains that it is not a 64bit processor. Will this ever run on my pc? I have dual boot with centos 6. Would I be able to run 2012 server on a virtual machine under linux may be?any suggestions. I am just getting ready for the 2012 mcsa certification.

Charlie Russel-MVP

If you upgrade to a business class of Windows 8.x, you get Hyper-V. Which
supports 64-bit guest OSs.

--
Charlie.
http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hello I installed the microsoft virtual machine on my win7 64bit home
premium. I have a intel DP965LT with no vt-d. Using a q6600 processor. When
I try to run the demo version of 2012 server it complains that it is not a
64bit processor. Will this ever run on my pc? I have dual boot with centos
6. Would I be able to run 2012 server on a virtual machine under linux may
be? any suggestions. I am just getting ready for the 2012 mcsa
certification.

Charlie Russel-MVP

Note: This is true, of course, ONLY if your computer supports Hyper-V. Not
all 64-bit consumer class machines do, especially older ones.

--
Charlie.
http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

"Charlie Russel-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:l29jgk$s03$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you upgrade to a business class of Windows 8.x, you get Hyper-V. Which
> supports 64-bit guest OSs.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello I installed the microsoft virtual machine on my win7 64bit home
> premium. I have a intel DP965LT with no vt-d. Using a q6600 processor.
> When I try to run the demo version of 2012 server it complains that it is
> not a 64bit processor. Will this ever run on my pc? I have dual boot with
> centos 6. Would I be able to run 2012 server on a virtual machine under
> linux may be? any suggestions. I am just getting ready for the 2012 mcsa
> certification.

jcharth@gmail.com

I will try to run it on vmware may be that will work. I ve seen a few videos of people running 2012 on vmware.