Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Title of Filme Noire: Platinum Heist

Title of Filme Noire: Platinum Heist

Java Jive

Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles
that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years.

It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the criminals
hijacked a security van containing platinum in hilly/mountainous
countryside.

It's not, as I had previously been led to believe, "Le Deuxieme
Souffle" ("Second Wind"), based on Jose Giovanni's story "Un Reglement
Des Comptes" ("A Settling Of Accounts"). Or at least it's not the
2007 version, which I have recently watched; I haven't seen the 1966
version since around the time in question, but that too seems to be a
different story, though very possibly from the same author:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320510/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Davey

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 14:08:26 +0100
Java Jive <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles
> that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years.
>
> It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the criminals
> hijacked a security van containing platinum in hilly/mountainous
> countryside.
>
> It's not, as I had previously been led to believe, "Le Deuxieme
> Souffle" ("Second Wind"), based on Jose Giovanni's story "Un Reglement
> Des Comptes" ("A Settling Of Accounts"). Or at least it's not the
> 2007 version, which I have recently watched; I haven't seen the 1966
> version since around the time in question, but that too seems to be a
> different story, though very possibly from the same author:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320510/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Maybe:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057549/

--
Davey.

Java Jive

Thanks for the link, but I can't tell from the one review whether it's
the film I remember. Do you happen to know if it contains a platinum
heist out in the countryside?

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 14:17:13 +0100, Davey <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Maybe:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057549/

Davey

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 17:14:44 +0100
Java Jive <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thanks for the link, but I can't tell from the one review whether it's
> the film I remember. Do you happen to know if it contains a platinum
> heist out in the countryside?
>
> On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 14:17:13 +0100, Davey <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe:
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057549/

No idea, sorry. There are many of his films described, but none of them
show up for 'platinum'!

Good Luck anyway.

--
Davey.

harryagain

"Java Jive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles
> that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years.
>
> It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the criminals
> hijacked a security van containing platinum in hilly/mountainous
> countryside.
>
> It's not, as I had previously been led to believe, "Le Deuxieme
> Souffle" ("Second Wind"), based on Jose Giovanni's story "Un Reglement
> Des Comptes" ("A Settling Of Accounts"). Or at least it's not the
> 2007 version, which I have recently watched; I haven't seen the 1966
> version since around the time in question, but that too seems to be a
> different story, though very possibly from the same author:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320510/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Giovanni#Works
Any good?

harryagain

"Java Jive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles
> that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years.
>
> It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the criminals
> hijacked a security van containing platinum in hilly/mountainous
> countryside.
>
> It's not, as I had previously been led to believe, "Le Deuxieme
> Souffle" ("Second Wind"), based on Jose Giovanni's story "Un Reglement
> Des Comptes" ("A Settling Of Accounts"). Or at least it's not the
> 2007 version, which I have recently watched; I haven't seen the 1966
> version since around the time in question, but that too seems to be a
> different story, though very possibly from the same author:

1966 version here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R938-WaTn8

Phil L

Java Jive wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles
> that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years.
>
> It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the criminals
> hijacked a security van containing platinum in hilly/mountainous
> countryside.
>
> It's not, as I had previously been led to believe, "Le Deuxieme
> Souffle" ("Second Wind"), based on Jose Giovanni's story "Un Reglement
> Des Comptes" ("A Settling Of Accounts"). Or at least it's not the
> 2007 version, which I have recently watched; I haven't seen the 1966
> version since around the time in question, but that too seems to be a
> different story, though very possibly from the same author:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320510/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

'The Mystery Of The Floating Turd' 1967

HTH

Java Jive

'Fraid not, none of the descriptions mention a platinum heist, but
thanks anyway.

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:48:14 +0100, "harryagain"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Giovanni#Works
> Any good?

Java Jive

Don't remember that particular scene ...

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:56:11 +0100, "harryagain"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 1966 version here
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R938-WaTn8

John Dean

"Java Jive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles
> that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years.
>
> It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the criminals
> hijacked a security van containing platinum in hilly/mountainous
> countryside.

Once a Thief?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059540/combined

It's not in French but has a French star and this ...

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/revi...BF66838E679EDE

.... confirms it's about platinum theft.

--
John Dean