Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > nozama-cloudsearch-service a local Amazon CloudSearch instance.

nozama-cloudsearch-service a local Amazon CloudSearch instance.

Oisin Mulvihill

Hello,

Have you ever wanted to test your app against a dev version of your
production CloudSearch? Is management saying budget constraints won't allow
this? Then Nozama CloudSearch is for you.

It is a light weight implementation of Amazon's CloudSearch service you can
run locally. Its has additional REST API features which allow inspection of
data in a way not available via Amazon CloudSearch.

It is BSD licensed and available now from pypi
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/nozama-...earch-service:

easy_install nozama-cloudsearch-service

Or from source code checkout from github here:

* https://github.com/oisinmulvihill/nozama-cloudsearch

It also has documentation which it self hosts or can be seen on readthedocs:

* https://nozama-cloudsearch.readthedo...est/index.html

I've implemented batch uploading and I'm working on search at present. I
thought I'd get this out early in case others are hitting against this. I'd
welcome contributions.

I don't intend this to be a replacement for Amazon CloudSearch. Its a
helper service I use it as part of a vagrant+puppet provisioned developer
environment. This emulates our production environment locally.

All the best,

Oisin