Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OT-ish - TheBox.biz closing down....

OT-ish - TheBox.biz closing down....

Bret

On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:34:56 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:

>>> ?

>> Sorry for the tardy reply.
>>
>> http://kickass.to/usearch/formula%20...dd&sorder=desc

> Can't register. The registration page keeps coming up with a 'please
> fill in this field' baloon right up at the top left corner of the browser -
> where there's no field? Everything is filled in correctly, re-set the
> CAPTCHA five times.
>
> Oh well, I guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to have any
share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:34:56 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:

>>> Sorry for the tardy reply.
>>>
>>> http://kickass.to/usearch/formula%20...dd&sorder=desc

>> Can't register. The registration page keeps coming up with a
>> 'please fill in this field' baloon right up at the top left corner
>> of the browser - where there's no field? Everything is filled in
>> correctly, re-set the CAPTCHA five times.
>>
>> Oh well, I guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

> You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to have
> any share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

Ok, handy to know - Thanks.
--
/Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
[Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface.]

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kvongg$jmk$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> .. so there goes my accesss to (free) Formula 1 torrents. Looks like
>> I'm going to have to give up on one of the very few 'interests' I can
>> 'afford'. ****!
>>
>> As I said to my sister in an email the other day; There's no light,
>> just more tunnel.....

> Don't wory - there's always a tunnel at the end of the light ....

LOL. nice.

(And oh so true for people living in poverty. Now and then you get a bit of
'light' (b'day gift, sell a valued possession.... ) but it's not long until
you're back in the tunnel, unable to deviate from the confines of a
restrictive budget.)
--
/Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
[Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface.]

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:34:56 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:

>>> Sorry for the tardy reply.
>>>
>>> http://kickass.to/usearch/formula%20...dd&sorder=desc

>> Can't register. The registration page keeps coming up with a
>> 'please fill in this field' baloon right up at the top left corner
>> of the browser - where there's no field? Everything is filled in
>> correctly, re-set the CAPTCHA five times.
>>
>> Oh well, I guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

> You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to have
> any share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

If you've watched any of those F1 torrents.... Do you know if they have
'Hannibal' on the screen from time-to-time?

(Hannibal is a... errr, was a 'TheBox' capper who got pretty much every F1
session broadcast in the UK. Often his caps would then migrate to other
trackers. Just wondering - if that *is* the case and TheBox is down then....
You know.)

Cheers,

Bret

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 12:04:07 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

> If you've watched any of those F1 torrents.... Do you know if they have
> 'Hannibal' on the screen from time-to-time?
>
> (Hannibal is a... errr, was a 'TheBox' capper who got pretty much every F1
> session broadcast in the UK. Often his caps would then migrate to other
> trackers. Just wondering - if that *is* the case and TheBox is down then....
> You know.)
>
> Cheers,

No sorry, no idea.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:34:56 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:

>>> Sorry for the tardy reply.
>>>
>>> http://kickass.to/usearch/formula%20...dd&sorder=desc

>> Can't register. The registration page keeps coming up with a
>> 'please fill in this field' baloon right up at the top left corner
>> of the browser - where there's no field? Everything is filled in
>> correctly, re-set the CAPTCHA five times.
>>
>> Oh well, I guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

> You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to have
> any share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

Oh, I just found out that SceneTime has a large amount of F1. I'm a member
but have hardly used it in the past.

BTW, a rare occurance is happening there - they're open for sign-ups right
now! The URL is obvious... (I'd rather not post it.)
--

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 17:56:15 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:

>>> Can't register. The registration page keeps coming up with a
>>> 'please fill in this field' baloon right up at the top left corner
>>> of the browser - where there's no field? Everything is filled in
>>> correctly, re-set the CAPTCHA five times.
>>>
>>> Oh well, I guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

>> You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to have
>> any share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

> Oh, I just found out that SceneTime has a large amount of F1. I'm a member
> but have hardly used it in the past.
>
> BTW, a rare occurance is happening there - they're open for sign-ups right
> now! The URL is obvious... (I'd rather not post it.)

Can you tell me why I need to use a invite only torrent site?
Honest question cos I have no idea

bugalugs

On 4/09/2013 5:56 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:

>>> Can't register. The registration page keeps coming up with a
>>> 'please fill in this field' baloon right up at the top left corner
>>> of the browser - where there's no field? Everything is filled in
>>> correctly, re-set the CAPTCHA five times.
>>>
>>> Oh well, I guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

>> You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to have
>> any share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

> Oh, I just found out that SceneTime has a large amount of F1. I'm a member
> but have hardly used it in the past.
>
> BTW, a rare occurance is happening there - they're open for sign-ups right
> now! The URL is obvious... (I'd rather not post it.)

Thank you Shaun

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 17:56:15 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:

>>> You don't need to register just download the torrent, no need to
>>> have any share ratio. I have been using kat for some time now.

>> Oh, I just found out that SceneTime has a large amount of F1. I'm a
>> member but have hardly used it in the past.
>>
>> BTW, a rare occurance is happening there - they're open for sign-ups
>> right now! The URL is obvious... (I'd rather not post it.)

> Can you tell me why I need to use a invite only torrent site?
> Honest question cos I have no idea

IME they tend to have far more torrents available than 'free' sites that let
people hit'n'run. Uploaders feel appreciated so tend to go the extra
mile.....

That's been my experience anyway - although keeping the ratio at or above
1:1 can be difficult.
--

Somewhere on teh intarwebs bugalugs wrote:
> On 4/09/2013 5:56 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:

[snip]
>> BTW, a rare occurance is happening there - they're open for sign-ups
>> right now! The URL is obvious... (I'd rather not post it.)

> Thank you Shaun

You're more than welcome my friend. They have a handy system where you get
'points' for seeding torrents - even if nobody's leeching. Then you can
trade your points for upload credit. I find it handy as, by the time I get a
torrent everyone's already got it (being in the opposite time-zone to most
users).

So I suggest you get a new, small popular torrent (even if you don't want to
watch it) and seed it as much as you can - build up credit for F1 races.
Shame there's one this weekend... Hopefully you can get it elsewhere (kat?)
so that you don't go straight into deficit.

Be well,