Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > transparency not complete

transparency not complete

Ammammata

hello

this is the example: http://www.lurati-sa/temp/bordini.png

as you can see (well, as *I* can see in my firefox and explorer) there are
several white dots around the letters, even if I changed the palette and
set the proper value to be transparent (white color)

what can I do to "clean" it?

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

............ [ al lavoro ] ...........

Jukka K. Korpela

2013-08-29 12:51, Ammammata wrote:

> this is the example:

Of what?

> http://www.lurati-sa/temp/bordini.png

Of a broken URL, it seems.

> as you can see (well, as *I* can see in my firefox and explorer) there are
> several white dots around the letters, even if I changed the palette and
> set the proper value to be transparent (white color)

No, we cannot see. Even if we could see your jpeg image, so what?

Do you have an HTML related question? With some real HTML, maybe? Well,
your problem is more probably about CSS, so we would need to see both
HTML and CSS as well as your description of what you expect to happen.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Christoph Michael Becker

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> 2013-08-29 12:51, Ammammata wrote:
>
>> this is the example:

> Of what?
>
>> http://www.lurati-sa/temp/bordini.png

> Of a broken URL, it seems.

Indeed.

>> as you can see (well, as *I* can see in my firefox and explorer) there
>> are
>> several white dots around the letters, even if I changed the palette and
>> set the proper value to be transparent (white color)

> No, we cannot see. Even if we could see your jpeg image, so what?

It is most likely a PNG image.

> Do you have an HTML related question? With some real HTML, maybe? Well,
> your problem is more probably about CSS, so we would need to see both
> HTML and CSS as well as your description of what you expect to happen.

I suspect this is neither about HTML nor CSS, but rather about PNG
transparency. I furthermore suspect that the non transparent pixels are
not exactly white.

--
Christoph M. Becker

Ammammata

Il giorno Thu 29 Aug 2013 01:37:26p, *Christoph Michael Becker* inviava
su alt.html il messaggio
news:521f3252$0$9522$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net. Vediamo cosa
scrisse:

>>> http://www.lurati-sa/temp/bordini.png

>> Of a broken URL, it seems.

> Indeed.

sorry but I double clicked the link and the picture is properly shown
just in case, this is the website: www.spazioyoga.ch
(please note: in firefox the alignment is ok, Explorer makes a mess: I'm
working on it)

> I suspect this is neither about HTML nor CSS, but rather about PNG
> transparency. I furthermore suspect that the non transparent pixels
> are not exactly white.

maybe. I edited the palette, that's 16-colors, changing all near-whites in
full-whites
following your tip, I'll try changing also light-reds into full-whites,
thank you

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

............ [ al lavoro ] ...........

Christoph Michael Becker

Ammammata wrote:

> Il giorno Thu 29 Aug 2013 01:37:26p, *Christoph Michael Becker* inviava
> su alt.html il messaggio
> news:521f3252$0$9522$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net. Vediamo cosa

>>> Of a broken URL, it seems.

>> Indeed.
>>

> sorry but I double clicked the link and the picture is properly shown
> just in case, this is the website: www.spazioyoga.ch
> (please note: in firefox the alignment is ok, Explorer makes a mess: I'm
> working on it)

Hmm, the domain lurati-sa can't exist, as the TLD is missing. The link
should be <http://www.lurati-sa.com/temp/bordini.png>.

The image on <http://www.spazioyoga.ch/> is a GIF image.

>> I suspect this is neither about HTML nor CSS, but rather about PNG
>> transparency. I furthermore suspect that the non transparent pixels
>> are not exactly white.
>>

> maybe. I edited the palette, that's 16-colors, changing all near-whites in
> full-whites
> following your tip, I'll try changing also light-reds into full-whites,
> thank you

It's possible that the undesired colors are a relict of GIF dithering.
However, I don't know how to best remove these pixels--you may consider
asking in a forum/newsgroup related to image editing.

--
Christoph M. Becker

Ammammata

Il giorno Thu 29 Aug 2013 06:41:27p, *Ed Mullen* inviava su alt.html il
messaggio news:(E-Mail Removed). Vediamo cosa scrisse:

>> Hmm, the domain lurati-sa can't exist,

ops! you're right
my firefox adds automatically the .com

> Hmm, didn't notice that. But the link worked for me anyway as my
> browser (SeaMonkey) inserted the ".com" for me.

see above

--