Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Call for mandate

Re: [SI] Call for mandate

DanP

On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 13:10:32 UTC+1, Bowser wrote:
> Any suggestions for next month's mandate? Please suggest something
>
> involving old historic stuff. I'll be in Italy for a week or so.

We have done "street", "horses"/"races" would be an easy one in Italy.

Or "hot".

DanP

pensive hamster

On Thursday, 29 August 2013 07:31:14 UTC+1, DanP wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 13:10:32 UTC+1, Bowser wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions for next month's mandate? Please suggest something
> > involving old historic stuff. I'll be in Italy for a week or so.

> We have done "street", "horses"/"races" would be an easy one in Italy.
>
> Or "hot".

I quite like Bowser's earlier suggestion (in the '[SI] Come see the Tens'
thread), of "Ceilings and Staircases".

Italy definitely has a least one famous ceiling, and probably some interesting
staircases as well. Also, I was out at the local University the other day, and took
some photos of their 'New Brutalist' concrete staircases, so I may be a bit biased.

PeterN

On 8/30/2013 1:18 PM, pensive hamster wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 August 2013 07:31:14 UTC+1, DanP wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 13:10:32 UTC+1, Bowser wrote:
>>
>>> Any suggestions for next month's mandate? Please suggest something
>>> involving old historic stuff. I'll be in Italy for a week or so.

>> We have done "street", "horses"/"races" would be an easy one in Italy.
>>
>> Or "hot".

> I quite like Bowser's earlier suggestion (in the '[SI] Come see the Tens'
> thread), of "Ceilings and Staircases".
>
> Italy definitely has a least one famous ceiling, and probably some interesting
> staircases as well. Also, I was out at the local University the other day, and took
> some photos of their 'New Brutalist' concrete staircases, so I may be a bit biased.

It would be unusual to an image of the Sistine Chapel to be the makers
original work. All too often we submit an image that is nothing more
than a postcard, because the maker has not put his/her imagination into
the image.
Not necessarily to this extreme.
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/love%20liberty.jpg>

--