Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Paul: Java Verification - IE9

Paul: Java Verification - IE9

thekmanrocks@gmail.com

Paul:

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

I have done everything I've researched on line to get the above link to verify my Java installation, including disabling my antivirus and firewall.

NOTHING WORKS.

Can you recommend anything I might have missed?

Thanks.

Paul

> Paul:
>
> http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>
> I have done everything I've researched on line to get the above link to verify my Java installation, including disabling my antivirus and firewall.
>
> NOTHING WORKS.
>
> Can you recommend anything I might have missed?
>
> Thanks.

I'm no expert on Java, but I recommend using
the standalone installer.

Go to "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features", and
uninstall Java first.

You can install Java 6 or Java 7. You'd use Java 6, only
if you had some program already on the computer, that
needed the older Java RunTime Engine (JRE). Otherwise,
if you were playing some game that needed Java in the
browser, might as well use the latest version for that.
I don't know if you can have two versions loaded at
the same time or not. Probably not a good idea.

So what I need, is a link that does not say "Online installer".
I need a standalone installer. My experience is, the
standalone installer does a better job. If you use the
browser based installer, there are more ways it can go
wrong.

OK, so it looks like I want the "Windows Offline" one.
Says it is 30.2MB.

http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/downlo...BundleId=79063

The file I'm getting right now, is jre-7u25-windows-i586.exe .
The file size is 31,714,216 bytes. A full installer.

There are probably still ways it can fail. And I can't diagnose
all of those from here.

There is a list of a few things to check, here.

http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Java can run two ways. You can have a program
loaded directly on the computer, and the program
uses JRE when it runs. The second way, is Java
that comes in through your browser, for playing
Java games inside a browser. And that may involve
a plugin or add-on the Java installer adds to the
browser. The browser controls (see Options or Preferences),
may be preventing Java from running. You'll need to
turn it on.

Paul

thekmanrocks@gmail.com

Thanks Paul. Everything you recommended checks out. Also did stand alone(offline) installer.

Still no confirmation!

Oh well, leave well enough alone.

IE9 and WIN7 Penguin Man NZ Computing 4 09-27-2010 03:24 AM
IE9 beta finally seems to support xhtml properly cwdjrxyz HTML 2 09-24-2010 12:07 PM
IE9 for XP x64 ? roman modic Windows 64bit 2 04-12-2010 04:09 PM
IE9 - Vista SP2 Only! Jim Computer Support 14 03-23-2010 04:19 AM
IE9 Chris F.A. Johnson HTML 3 04-01-2009 03:35 AM

Advertisments