Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Caller ID displayed (or not) using Betamax

Caller ID displayed (or not) using Betamax

voip-user

I'm using Betamax VOIP service.
One person I frequently call complains it always says "International -
out of area". That person uses a BT landline.
I certainly have caller ID active, and people getting my texts don't
seem to have a problem.
Is there a simple explanation / solution here ?
I don't have caller ID so find it difficult to verify. My landline is
VM, mobile O2,

Thanks

voip-user

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:33:39 +0100, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>on 16/08/2013, voip-user supposed :
>> I'm using Betamax VOIP service.
>> One person I frequently call complains it always says "International -
>> out of area". That person uses a BT landline.
>> I certainly have caller ID active, and people getting my texts don't
>> seem to have a problem.
>> Is there a simple explanation / solution here ?

>Yes, your call is being routed from abroad & BT don't trust foreign
>networks to be reliable regarding CLI.
>
>There are a couple of solutions - use a UK based VoIP provider as this
>is likely to be trusted by BT's system - or get your frequent phone
>buddy to get a VoIP account which you can ring on (or get them to
>upgrade to BT ISDN lines!)
>

>> I don't have caller ID so find it difficult to verify. My landline is
>> VM, mobile O2,
>>
>> Thanks

Thanks for your explanation which sounds very plausible.
As no UK VoIP providers offer rates approaching Betamax, I guess it's
back to the solution of: "If it's me, I'll let it ring twice; hang-up
and dial again."

It's actually my gf which reminds me of the old joke:
"My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well, actually, she's not quite
my girlfriend yet."