Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > xlc - static constructed/destructed twice

xlc - static constructed/destructed twice

goran.pusic@gmail.com

Hi,

I have this code where, when built with xlc for aix on ppc, I see a static initialized twice (I checked through a debugger, I am hitting ctor/dtor twice with the same value of "this").

Code in question is in an *.o, linked in several *.so and into my exe. I expect to see either multiple initialization on different addresses, either only one.

Same code, built with gcc on linux, seems to work ok (didn't see a problem, so didn't debug, will do so tomorrow).

Eh?

Am I blind/dumb/..., or what am i missing?

Any idea?

TIA,

Goran.

Victor Bazarov

On 8/1/2013 1:57 PM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have this code where, when built with xlc for aix on ppc, I see a static initialized twice (I checked through a debugger, I am hitting ctor/dtor twice with the same value of "this").
>
> Code in question is in an *.o, linked in several *.so and into my exe. I expect to see either multiple initialization on different addresses, either only one.
>
> Same code, built with gcc on linux, seems to work ok (didn't see a problem, so didn't debug, will do so tomorrow).
>
> Eh?
>
> Am I blind/dumb/..., or what am i missing?
>
> Any idea?

By your own description it seems specific to tools/environment. You
would find more help in a newsgroup where your toolset or your
environment (OS, runtime) is discussed.