Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Universal Tech Support scam

Universal Tech Support scam

Graham.

Anyone here up for wasting the time of Indian "tech support" scammers?

There was a spam posting from these parasites on uk.d-i-y this
afternoon, in a slight departure from the M.O. they gave their phone
number for people who think their computer is infected to call them.
Oh and it's a UK 0808 number. 0808 168 3479

My lad, who is a bit of an actor volunteered to try it out, I thought
it would be amusing to post the result, and also the incoming call
that was routed to the time wasting recording in my Astrisk box.

http://snd.sc/13lBojy

http://snd.sc/13OKZDK

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:29:11 PM UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
> Anyone here up for wasting the time of Indian "tech support" scammers?
> There was a spam posting from these parasites on uk.d-i-y this
> afternoon, in a slight departure from the M.O. they gave their phone
> number for people who think their computer is infected to call them.
> Oh and it's a UK 0808 number. 0808 168 3479

Is that
Universal Tech Support Headquarters
0808 168 3479
38 Wraysbury Gardens, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4US

?

Owain