Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dell e521 stalls at boot up

Dell e521 stalls at boot up

METEORE

Hi again experts,

I have this six year old computer running on Vista.
I start computer and when it starts, it shows bios etc with a blank bar underneath it.
The blank bar fills up halfway and stalls. Computer won't start up. I push computer button to restart and then it works,
I recently removed a lot of old programs.
I tried defragment option after I got it started again. It did not solve problem.
What is causing computer to stall on startup?

Meteore

rogpop001@gmail.com