Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Porting number to Sipgate

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Porting number to Sipgate

 
 
allegoricus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2013
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:12:43 +0100, Michael Chare
<mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:

>I see that I can't port a BT number to an ordinary Sipgate account.
>
>Is this a recent change or has it never been possible? Has anyone
>managed to do it anyway?


I attempted to port my residential BT number to Sipgate a couple of
weeks ago and was told it couldn't be done to a free account.

--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2013
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:26:32 +0100, Michael Chare
<mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:

>On 21/07/2013 08:00, allegoricus wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:12:43 +0100, Michael Chare
>> <mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:
>>
>>> I see that I can't port a BT number to an ordinary Sipgate account.
>>>
>>> Is this a recent change or has it never been possible? Has anyone
>>> managed to do it anyway?

>>
>> I attempted to port my residential BT number to Sipgate a couple of
>> weeks ago and was told it couldn't be done to a free account.
>>

>
>Did you manage to find out why they have stopped doing this? Their
>chargeable Team accounts are much more expensive.


I would suggest you and Peter consider porting to

http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Porting_Numbers.php


while you still have the chance.

I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
going to use them for outgoing calls.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Theo Markettos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2013
Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
> going to use them for outgoing calls.


That they charge £2/month?

There's also AAISP who are £1.20/month and similar call rates, though they
have a somewhat hardline position on NAT. I think they may grudgingly be
accepting that those of us not living in their purist IPv6 world do have to
deal with NAT, but it sounds like they're still kicking and streaming,

Theo
 
Reply With Quote
 
allegoricus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2013
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:26:32 +0100, Michael Chare
<mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:

>On 21/07/2013 08:00, allegoricus wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:12:43 +0100, Michael Chare
>> <mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:
>>
>>> I see that I can't port a BT number to an ordinary Sipgate account.
>>>
>>> Is this a recent change or has it never been possible? Has anyone
>>> managed to do it anyway?

>>
>> I attempted to port my residential BT number to Sipgate a couple of
>> weeks ago and was told it couldn't be done to a free account.
>>

>
>Did you manage to find out why they have stopped doing this? Their
>chargeable Team accounts are much more expensive.


No, sorry. Being on the brink of a house move there wasn't time to
either question it or investigate alternatives. I simply let the
number go.

--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2013
On 21 Jul 2013 17:37:06 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
>> going to use them for outgoing calls.

>
>That they charge 2/month?


I wasn't aware of it until now.
The page I quoted doesn't mention it.

It is mentioned here
https://www.voipfone.co.uk/account.p...al-section-104
but you have to be logged on to an account.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
 
Reply With Quote
 
tony sayer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2013
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Graham.
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>On 21 Jul 2013 17:37:06 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
>>> going to use them for outgoing calls.

>>
>>That they charge 2/month?

>
>I wasn't aware of it until now.
>The page I quoted doesn't mention it.
>
>It is mentioned here
>https://www.voipfone.co.uk/account.p...al-section-104
>but you have to be logged on to an account.
>


Yes they charge 2 quid a month for a ported line their 056 offering is
free of charge and you get one anyway but they do cost a few pence more
to call..

--
Tony Sayer

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Porting number to Sipgate tony sayer UK VOIP 9 07-23-2013 12:22 AM
Re: Porting number to Sipgate Allan UK VOIP 0 07-18-2013 09:27 AM
Porting number from Virgin to VoIP (probably Sipgate) Mark Rogers UK VOIP 13 04-12-2012 07:51 PM
Porting sipgate number to bt broadband talk John UK VOIP 9 06-25-2011 05:12 PM
Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number Stuart Millington UK VOIP 8 06-14-2005 05:25 PM



Advertisments