Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: How can I use fonts like these?

Re: How can I use fonts like these?

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
SZEF PSR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've tried...
>
> body {
> font-family: ProximaNova,'Helvetica Neue',Arial;
> font-size: 16px;
> color: rgb(51, 51, 51);
> }
>
> But it does not work. Looks different!

Looks different to what?

If the first choice, ProximaNova (perhaps not even you has this, try
"Proxima Nova") is not on your machine, then it will default to the
second, if the second is not on your machine, it will default to your
last choice, the order (and spelling) is important. If you are not
even seeing Arial (who has not Arial?) what are you seeing, a frog, a
cake, a kangaroo, the late Bin Laden, (that's different!)?

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
SZEF PSR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 7/20/2013 7:23 AM, dorayme wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> > SZEF PSR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> I've tried...
> >>
> >> body {
> >> font-family: ProximaNova,'Helvetica Neue',Arial;
> >> font-size: 16px;
> >> color: rgb(51, 51, 51);
> >> }
> >>
> >> But it does not work. Looks different!

> > Looks different to what?
> >
> > If the first choice, ProximaNova (perhaps not even you has this, try
> > "Proxima Nova") is not on your machine, then it will default to the
> > second, if the second is not on your machine, it will default to your
> > last choice, the order (and spelling) is important. If you are not
> > even seeing Arial (who has not Arial?) what are you seeing, a frog, a
> > cake, a kangaroo, the late Bin Laden, (that's different!)?
> >

> Found it!
>
> You are behind that technology!

You mean the one that is "[n]ot exactly a feature which is new to
CSS3, @font-face was first proposed for CSS2 and has been implemented
in Internet Explorer since version 5!"?

<http://www.css3.info/preview/web-fonts-with-font-face/>

> With CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) you can use custom fonts on your
> website.

Sure, but you gave no clue what you meant by "different", nor that you
were using or wanting to use this "new technology", and you still
don't say if you have on your own computer a font called "Proxima
Nova" or even "ProximaNova".

Anyway, you seem to have sorted out your problem, good for you.

--
dorayme