Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Porting number to Sipgate

Re: Porting number to Sipgate

Allan

On 17/07/2013 15:12, Michael Chare wrote:
> I see that I can't port a BT number to an ordinary Sipgate account.
>
> Is this a recent change or has it never been possible? Has anyone
> managed to do it anyway?

I ported a BT residential line onto a sipgate account in Nov 2012, and
it seemed to go fine. The e-mail support by sipgate was very good.
There was a GBP20 porting fee, but after that I didn't pay any more. It
required a bit of careful thought and planning how to do it, but once
I'd set the process in motion, it was fairly smooth.

Allan