Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Any free USA sip providers ?

Any free USA sip providers ?

Dave

Any free USA sip providers ? i.e. free calls to the US - I know about GV

suggestions please ...

Dave

"R. Mark Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:kror25$g76$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any free USA sip providers ? i.e. free calls to the US - I know about GV
>>
>> suggestions please ...

> SIP to SIP is free even between providers, but free to PSTN sounds
> unlikely.

That's what I thought but you never know what's out there ?, Localphone.com
at 0.5p seems cheapish ?

News Reader

"R. Mark Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:kror25$g76$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any free USA sip providers ? i.e. free calls to the US - I know about GV
>>
>> suggestions please ...

> SIP to SIP is free even between providers, but free to PSTN sounds
> unlikely.

Hi,

Vyke (.com) do per call charing (to 60 minutes) ~ 8p/call. (inc. USA -
believed?).

Best wishes,

News Reader

Dave

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:18:18 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:krq1fl$rig$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "R. Mark Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> Vyke (.com) do per call charing (to 60 minutes) ~ 8p/call. (inc. USA -
>>> believed?).
>>>

>>> Best wishes,
>>>

>>> News Reader
>>>

>>Interesting, charging by the hour !
>>
>>Thanks,

> Most of the Betamax clones like voipcheap.co.uk will give you 90 days
> free calling to US numbers as well as UK landlines and several other
> countries (with a max 300 min/rolling week)
>
> Granted, you have to credit the account with 10, (which actually
> costs 12.36) but I find that is very good value for the chargeable
> calls I make, chiefly to UK mobile phones at 2p/min.
>
> So I am commending this service to you as a means of making a
> reasonable number of "free" calls to US numbers providing you can
> justify the cost on the other calls you make.
>
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

Hi all, Thanks for the info - lots of options ! Localphone.com still seems
to be the cheapest option ? ( I've no allegiance with them!)

Fine with Betamax (sounds like video tape - remember them?) and Callcentric.
Callcentric seems to be quite cheap, almost as cheap as LP...

Graham.

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 09:40:50 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:18:18 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:krq1fl$rig$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Interesting, charging by the hour !
>>>
>>>Thanks,

>> Most of the Betamax clones like voipcheap.co.uk will give you 90 days
>> free calling to US numbers as well as UK landlines and several other
>> countries (with a max 300 min/rolling week)
>>
>> Granted, you have to credit the account with 10, (which actually
>> costs 12.36) but I find that is very good value for the chargeable
>> calls I make, chiefly to UK mobile phones at 2p/min.
>>
>> So I am commending this service to you as a means of making a
>> reasonable number of "free" calls to US numbers providing you can
>> justify the cost on the other calls you make.
>>
>> --
>> Graham.
>>
>> %Profound_observation%

>Hi all, Thanks for the info - lots of options ! Localphone.com still seems
>to be the cheapest option ? ( I've no allegiance with them!)
>
>Fine with Betamax (sounds like video tape - remember them?) and Callcentric.
>Callcentric seems to be quite cheap, almost as cheap as LP...

Now now, don't sit on the fence

Incidentally Callcentric will give you a US phone number, and there is
no issue signing up as an "alian".

(I suppose if the NSA is going to monitor us all, they might as well
make it easy).

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Dave

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 09:40:50 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Most of the Betamax clones like voipcheap.co.uk will give you 90 days
>>> free calling to US numbers as well as UK landlines and several other
>>> countries (with a max 300 min/rolling week)
>>>
>>> Granted, you have to credit the account with 10, (which actually
>>> costs 12.36) but I find that is very good value for the chargeable
>>> calls I make, chiefly to UK mobile phones at 2p/min.
>>>
>>> So I am commending this service to you as a means of making a
>>> reasonable number of "free" calls to US numbers providing you can
>>> justify the cost on the other calls you make.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Graham.
>>>
>>> %Profound_observation%

>>Hi all, Thanks for the info - lots of options ! Localphone.com still seems
>>to be the cheapest option ? ( I've no allegiance with them!)
>>
>>Fine with Betamax (sounds like video tape - remember them?) and
>>Callcentric.
>>Callcentric seems to be quite cheap, almost as cheap as LP...

> Now now, don't sit on the fence
>
> Incidentally Callcentric will give you a US phone number, and there is
> no issue signing up as an "alian".
>
> (I suppose if the NSA is going to monitor us all, they might as well
> make it easy).
>
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

I always sit on the fence - very painful at times !

Fine on the NSA, anyone seen Ostel for Android, encrypted calls, could be
useful. Anyway, Callcentric's number could also be useful.

I had a 'play' with Localphone's free time over the July 4th period and it
seemed very good no dropouts etc

Thanks again,

Dave.