Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Facebook very slow.

Facebook very slow.

geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:30:37 +1200, Crash <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:08:42 +1200, Frank Williams
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>No ! so 90% of the posters here are Cowards, so what is this..
>>>(E-Mail Removed)
>>>

>>>I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
>>>people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
>>>he pulled the plug.

>>Roger you insulted Geopelia (by referring to Facebook users as 'dead)
>>in your original post. Considering that Geo asked for help rather
>>than an opinion on Facebook content your reply was inappropriate.
>>
>>On a technical level you have been found to be incompetent and
>>ill-informed by posters far more experienced in modern software and
>>hardware than you will ever be.

> I can leave most for dead here as far as hardware goes, its just the
> jealous trouble makers here that cause all these problems, plus I don't
> have many problems with modern software al all.
>
>>You respond to all and sundry with insults rather than rebuttal.
>>Referring to Facebook users as 'dead' is particularly offensive given
>>that Geopelia's husband passed away recently and that she is (IIRC)
>>older than the Queen.

> I have a few friends that this person is some 10 year kid having some
> fun so far I cant even believe these posts, Plus I did not refer to
> Geopelia as being dumb, just that people that use Facebook as being
> dead, as they say if the cap fits were it.
>
> It was a general reference to people that use it., more or less stating
> that you dont have to use it..

There's nothing wrong with having that opinion. You can use Facebook or not
as you please.

geopelia

Does anyone else get the Wall Street Journal by email? I was surprised to
see the piece today.

Somebody aged 19 in America has been in jail, awaiting trial I think, for
something offensive he said on Facebook.
It was the sort of nasty gruesome thing any stupid teenager might say,
joking with a friend.
Perhaps he didn't mean the whole world to see it, but the Americans seem to
have taken it seriously.

We should all beware! America is watching.

Meanwhile, does anybody have any advice about my little problem with
Facebook please?

Enkidu

On 06/07/13 00:33, geopelia wrote:

> That's not my email address! I've seen it appearing here. I wonder
> who put it there. It wouldn't find me anyway. I think there is
> someone else called Geopelia in Japan, who plays computer games,
> according to Google. He or she must be rather puzzled if he gets an
> email meant for me! Geopelia

It appears in the headers of your posts. I think it must either be a
default put in by your news reader, or you set it up that way right at
the beginning.

Cheers,

Cliff

Donchano

On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 21:18:12 +1200, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>It was a general reference to people that use it., more or less stating
>that you dont have to use it..

And you don't have to be an ignorant arsehole, but you are.

--

"The sweetest song to the jackass ear
is the song that the jackass sings." - Old saying

Frank Williams

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 04:16:01 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 5/07/2013 5:08 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>

>> I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
>> people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
>> he pulled the plug.
>>

>Stop lying Roger. You don't have any friends, to the stage that you
>even had to mail order your bride.

Why do you keep on insulting me when you just don't have a clue at all?

Donchano

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 12:47:52 +1200, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Why do you keep on insulting me when you just don't have a clue at all?

Why don't you have a clue why people keep insulting you?

--

"The sweetest song to the jackass ear
is the song that the jackass sings." - Old saying

Frank Williams

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 14:14:20 +1200, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 12:47:52 +1200, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>Why do you keep on insulting me when you just don't have a clue at all?

>Why don't you have a clue why people keep insulting you?

Its just normal for the posters here to insults each other when they
don't have a clue.

Donchano

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 18:27:12 +1200, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 14:14:20 +1200, Donchano
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 12:47:52 +1200, Frank Williams
>><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>
>>>Why do you keep on insulting me when you just don't have a clue at all?

>>Why don't you have a clue why people keep insulting you?

>Its just normal for the posters here to insults each other when they
>don't have a clue.

So explains that's why you insulted "geopelia."

--

"The sweetest song to the jackass ear
is the song that the jackass sings." - Old saying

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
> On 6/07/2013 6:27 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>> On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 14:14:20 +1200, Donchano
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 12:47:52 +1200, Frank Williams
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>> Why don't you have a clue why people keep insulting you?

>> Its just normal for the posters here to insults each other when they
>> don't have a clue.
>>

> It's normal pretty much everywhere to insult obnoxious old pricks like
> you. If you stop behaving the way you do some of us may actually cut
> you a bit of slack and treat you a little more kindly.

Not me, I'm done with the sceptic old codger. I wouldn't wear my brake pads
to slow down and miss him if he was in my way. Good riddance to the
poisonous old git - the world would be a better place without him.
--
/Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
[Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface.]

geopelia

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 06/07/13 00:33, geopelia wrote:
>>
>> That's not my email address! I've seen it appearing here. I wonder
>> who put it there. It wouldn't find me anyway. I think there is
>> someone else called Geopelia in Japan, who plays computer games,
>> according to Google. He or she must be rather puzzled if he gets an
>> email meant for me! Geopelia
>>

> It appears in the headers of your posts. I think it must either be a
> default put in by your news reader, or you set it up that way right at the
> beginning.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

I don't know who put it there. I doubt if it is a real address.