Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Facebook very slow.

Facebook very slow.

geopelia

Is anyone else finding Facebook is very slow to show what is being typed
there?
Words used to show as I was typing them, as they do in these newsgroups.
Now it takes a long time for anything to show up, and then it arrives in
small groups of words.

Is it Facebook, or my computer please?
I've done a full scan, and no virus was found.

Frank Williams

On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:14:11 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is anyone else finding Facebook is very slow to show what is being typed
>there?
>Words used to show as I was typing them, as they do in these newsgroups.
> Now it takes a long time for anything to show up, and then it arrives in
>small groups of words.
>
>Is it Facebook, or my computer please?
>I've done a full scan, and no virus was found.

No its for dead people, I just do not use this stupid thing.

Don't use it then you not have to worry about it.

Frank Williams

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 22:54:56 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz> wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:14:11 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Is anyone else finding Facebook is very slow to show what is being typed
>>>there?
>>>Words used to show as I was typing them, as they do in these newsgroups.
>>> Now it takes a long time for anything to show up, and then it arrives in
>>>small groups of words.
>>>
>>>Is it Facebook, or my computer please?
>>>I've done a full scan, and no virus was found.
>>>

>>No its for dead people, I just do not use this stupid thing.
>>
>>Don't use it then you not have to worry about it.

>You should know Roger; after all you are just about brain dead judging by your
>rudeness and useless inarticulate posts.
>People like you are only rude because you can hide behind a false name and
>e-mail address - that is cowardice.
>Tony

No ! so 90% of the posters here are Cowards, so what is this..

I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
he pulled the plug.

Gordon

On 2013-07-05, Tony <lizandtony> wrote:
> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:14:11 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Is anyone else finding Facebook is very slow to show what is being typed
>>>there?
>>>Words used to show as I was typing them, as they do in these newsgroups.
>>> Now it takes a long time for anything to show up, and then it arrives in
>>>small groups of words.
>>>
>>>Is it Facebook, or my computer please?
>>>I've done a full scan, and no virus was found.
>>>

>>No its for dead people, I just do not use this stupid thing.
>>
>>Don't use it then you not have to worry about it.

> You should know Roger; after all you are just about brain dead judging by your
> rudeness and useless inarticulate posts.
> People like you are only rude because you can hide behind a false name and
> e-mail address - that is cowardice.
> Tony

I think the long term readers of this ng know who Frank is. To the point of
it being a nick name or thats what he calls himself these days.

Frank Williams

On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:30:37 +1200, Crash <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:08:42 +1200, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 22:54:56 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
>>dot nz> wrote:

>>>You should know Roger; after all you are just about brain dead judging by your
>>>rudeness and useless inarticulate posts.
>>>People like you are only rude because you can hide behind a false name and
>>>e-mail address - that is cowardice.
>>>Tony

>>No ! so 90% of the posters here are Cowards, so what is this..
>>(E-Mail Removed)
>>

>>I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
>>people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
>>he pulled the plug.

>Roger you insulted Geopelia (by referring to Facebook users as 'dead)
>in your original post. Considering that Geo asked for help rather
>than an opinion on Facebook content your reply was inappropriate.
>
>On a technical level you have been found to be incompetent and
>ill-informed by posters far more experienced in modern software and
>hardware than you will ever be.
>
>You respond to all and sundry with insults rather than rebuttal.
>Referring to Facebook users as 'dead' is particularly offensive given
>that Geopelia's husband passed away recently and that she is (IIRC)
>older than the Queen.

I have a few friends that this person is some 10 year kid having some
fun so far I cant even believe these posts.

wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:08:42 +1200, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 22:54:56 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
>>dot nz> wrote:

>>>You should know Roger; after all you are just about brain dead judging by your
>>>rudeness and useless inarticulate posts.
>>>People like you are only rude because you can hide behind a false name and
>>>e-mail address - that is cowardice.
>>>Tony

>>No ! so 90% of the posters here are Cowards, so what is this..
>>(E-Mail Removed)
>>

>>I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
>>people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
>>he pulled the plug.

>Roger you insulted Geopelia (by referring to Facebook users as 'dead)
>in your original post. Considering that Geo asked for help rather
>than an opinion on Facebook content your reply was inappropriate.
>
>On a technical level you have been found to be incompetent and
>ill-informed by posters far more experienced in modern software and
>hardware than you will ever be.

I can leave most for dead here as far as hardware goes, its just the
jealous trouble makers here that cause all these problems, plus I don't
have many problems with modern software al all.

>You respond to all and sundry with insults rather than rebuttal.
>Referring to Facebook users as 'dead' is particularly offensive given
>that Geopelia's husband passed away recently and that she is (IIRC)
>older than the Queen.

I have a few friends that this person is some 10 year kid having some
fun so far I cant even believe these posts, Plus I did not refer to
Geopelia as being dumb, just that people that use Facebook as being
dead, as they say if the cap fits were it.

It was a general reference to people that use it., more or less stating
that you dont have to use it..

geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:14:11 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Is anyone else finding Facebook is very slow to show what is being typed
>>there?
>>Words used to show as I was typing them, as they do in these newsgroups.
>> Now it takes a long time for anything to show up, and then it arrives in
>>small groups of words.
>>
>>Is it Facebook, or my computer please?
>>I've done a full scan, and no virus was found.
>>

> No its for dead people, I just do not use this stupid thing.
>
> Don't use it then you not have to worry about it.

I use it for Friends and Family, to keep in touch with all my relations
around the world,
and I add interesting people and magazines etc as friends.
Some people add me.
I get into various discussions there.

But there are a lot of things on Facebook that I wouldn't have a clue how to
use.

geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 22:54:56 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
> dot nz> wrote:
>
>>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>No its for dead people, I just do not use this stupid thing.
>>>
>>>Don't use it then you not have to worry about it.

>>You should know Roger; after all you are just about brain dead judging by
>>your
>>rudeness and useless inarticulate posts.
>>People like you are only rude because you can hide behind a false name and
>>e-mail address - that is cowardice.
>>Tony

> No ! so 90% of the posters here are Cowards, so what is this..
> (E-Mail Removed)

That's not my email address! I've seen it appearing here. I wonder who put
it there. It wouldn't find me anyway.
I think there is someone else called Geopelia in Japan, who plays computer
games, according to Google.
He or she must be rather puzzled if he gets an email meant for me!
Geopelia

> I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
> people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
> he pulled the plug.

geopelia

"Crash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:08:42 +1200, Frank Williams
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 22:54:56 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
>>dot nz> wrote:

>>>You should know Roger; after all you are just about brain dead judging by
>>>your
>>>rudeness and useless inarticulate posts.
>>>People like you are only rude because you can hide behind a false name
>>>and
>>>e-mail address - that is cowardice.
>>>Tony

>>No ! so 90% of the posters here are Cowards, so what is this..
>>(E-Mail Removed)
>>

>>I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
>>people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
>>he pulled the plug.

> Roger you insulted Geopelia (by referring to Facebook users as 'dead)
> in your original post. Considering that Geo asked for help rather
> than an opinion on Facebook content your reply was inappropriate.
>
> On a technical level you have been found to be incompetent and
> ill-informed by posters far more experienced in modern software and
> hardware than you will ever be.
>
> You respond to all and sundry with insults rather than rebuttal.
> Referring to Facebook users as 'dead' is particularly offensive given
> that Geopelia's husband passed away recently and that she is (IIRC)
> older than the Queen.

Thank you for those kind words.
I don't worry about being insulted, after all we are just words on a page to
each other.
I know I'm dumb where computers are concerned, which I why I ask the kind
people here.

I wish Hubby could use Facebook now! I often hear his voice, probably just
my brain playing tricks though.
As for the Queen, I think she is four years older than me. I'm amazed how
well she still carries out her public engagements.

geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:30:37 +1200, Crash <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:08:42 +1200, Frank Williams
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>No ! so 90% of the posters here are Cowards, so what is this..
>>>(E-Mail Removed)
>>>

>>>I had a nice friend that use to be here a lot all he did was to help
>>>people just like I do, but he was hounded and abused by most on here, so
>>>he pulled the plug.

>>Roger you insulted Geopelia (by referring to Facebook users as 'dead)
>>in your original post. Considering that Geo asked for help rather
>>than an opinion on Facebook content your reply was inappropriate.
>>
>>On a technical level you have been found to be incompetent and
>>ill-informed by posters far more experienced in modern software and
>>hardware than you will ever be.
>>
>>You respond to all and sundry with insults rather than rebuttal.
>>Referring to Facebook users as 'dead' is particularly offensive given
>>that Geopelia's husband passed away recently and that she is (IIRC)
>>older than the Queen.

> I have a few friends that this person is some 10 year kid having some
> fun so far I cant even believe these posts.

I wouldn't mind being ten again, to have those carefree years of the early
teens as children do now.
I turned ten soon after the war started and had six years of it.
But perhaps not, who knows what a ten year old will have to experience
during the rest of this century?

And a ten year old would have grown up with computers, which I haven't.