Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > HTML Parser

HTML Parser

subhabangalore@gmail.com

Dear Group,

I was looking for a good tutorial for a "HTML Parser". My intention was to extract tables from web pages or information from tables in web pages.

I tried to make a search, I got HTMLParser, BeautifulSoup, etc. HTMLParser works fine for me, but I am looking for a good tutorial to learn it nicely.

I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

I am using Python 2.7 on Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit).

I am looking for a good tutorial for HTMLParser or any similar parser which have an .exe file for my environment and a good tutorial.

If anyone of the learned members can kindly suggest.

Thanking You in Advance,
Regards,
Subhabrata.

Neil Cerutti

On 2013-07-02, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> I was looking for a good tutorial for a "HTML Parser". My
> intention was to extract tables from web pages or information
> from tables in web pages.
>
> I tried to make a search, I got HTMLParser, BeautifulSoup, etc.
> HTMLParser works fine for me, but I am looking for a good
> tutorial to learn it nicely.

Take a read of the topic "Parsing, creating, and Manipulating
HTML Documents" from chapter five of Text Processing in Python.

http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/chap5.txt

--
Neil Cerutti

Steven D'Aprano

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 10:43:03 -0700, subhabangalore wrote:

> I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

I believe that BeautifulSoup is a pure-Python module, and so does not
have a .exe file. However, it does have good tutorials:

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=beautifulsoup+tutorial

> I am looking for a good tutorial for HTMLParser or any similar parser
> which have an .exe file for my environment and a good tutorial.

Why do you care about a .exe file? Most Python libraries are .py files.

--
Steven

Joshua Landau

On 2 July 2013 18:43, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

Were you perhaps looking for a .exe file to install BeautifulSoup?
It's quite plausible that a windows user like you might be dazzled at
the idea of a .tar.gz.

I suggest just using "pip install beautifulsoup4" at a command prompt.
See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...2-7-on-windows
for explanations -- there are links for things you need to know.

But basically, use BeautifulSoup. It does what you need.

Load HTML in text strings into HTML parser in Javascript David Virgil Hobbs HTML 2 04-09-2006 01:21 PM
XML Parser VS HTML Parser ZOCOR Java 11 10-05-2004 01:58 PM
HTML-Parser / SGML-Parser Zach Dennis Ruby 5 10-01-2003 07:26 PM
Re: re or html parser module, for wildcard search within html document? Bengt Richter Python 0 08-03-2003 05:49 AM
How to use HTML::Parser to remove HTML tags and print result Mitchua Perl 1 07-15-2003 02:02 PM

Advertisments